part 15; confessions

FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HER LIFE, Daisy Clove Evans was at a loss for words

She didn't know what to say. She hadn't seen that coming, she didn't even know Sirius liked her back. And she definitely didn't know he was going to confess to her in the middle of their argument about his brother. Who they both had very different opinions about; Sirius was convinced he was the root of all evil, while Daisy believed the younger Black just needs a friend. 

"I- I shouldn't have said that," Sirius stammered, breaking the silence between the two of them. 

Daisy quickly blushed, looking away from the flustered boy in front of her and down at her feet instead. 

"Did you mean it?" She whispered softly, her voice so quiet that Sirius almost missed what she had said. 

Daisy wondered if what he had said was just a spur of the moment, Sirius was known for doing things without thinking them through- and maybe that was what had happened. Maybe he had lost himself to the spur of it all, the heat of the argument, or maybe he had said it to distract her from how terribly upset she was with him, which if that was the case, that plan was working brilliantly, as she had forgotten all about their fight about Regulus. 

Sirius visibly gulps. He knew there was nothing he could say that would help him come back from this. The boy had genuinely slipped up. 

Sirius never planned for Daisy to find out like this. He was going to tell her at a better time when you know, the girl wasn't absolutely filled with fury. However, before Sirius even had the chance to think about what he was going, the words had spilled out of his mouth. 

"O-of course I meant it,  how could I not?" Sirius asked softly, edging closer to the girl. 

Daisy could have sworn that her heart had skipped a beat upon Sirius saying those words. All this time, she had so desperately wanted to hear him say that. For her to know that her feelings haven't been one-sided all along, yet there was something in the back of her mind she couldn't shake off, no matter how badly one would want to. 

"I- I l like you too," Daisy admits, her green eyes finally meeting his gray ones. 

"But I don't want to be another pawn in your game," She continues, speaking much more fierce this time around. "You've been with a lot of girls in the past, Sirius. And I will not be another one of those girls, I won't. I won't do it, not when it's always been you for me." 

Daisy had never thought about it before, but now that it was coming out of her mouth- she realized she meant everything she was saying. It had always been Sirius for her, sure, the girl had liked a few boys in the past, but there was always something that made her never want them to last, and it was Sirius. 

It had always been him, and it always would be. 

But Daisy also knew that Sirius had a reputation with girls, and no matter how much she liked him- she was also smarter than that. And refused to end up being one of those girls who got their heartbroken by Sirius fucking Black. 

Something about Daisy speaking so sharply made Sirius want to smile, he had never seen Daisy Evans be so sure of something. His heart both swooned and ached over her words, Sirius knew that he had formed a reputation in the past few years, however, had it really gotten so bad to the point where Daisy couldn't see how important she is to him? 

"You aren't a pawn to me, Daisy. You never were." Sirius answers, "You're everything to me. You're kind, you're beautiful, and you help me- even when I was being a dick and didn't deserve it. You saved me, you were the only thing keeping me together when I was in that horrible house and healed me when I came back here." 

Daisy was at a loss of words at Sirius's revelation, she had never seen him be so vulnerable. But luckily, Sirius wasn't finished talking, "Which is why I'm so keen on doing this right." He says, "If you want to take things slow, we'll take it slow." 

The redhead instantly brightened at Sirius's words, pulling the taller boy into a hug and pressing a kiss to his cheek, all of the worries she had about him taking the news badly had instantly washed away. 

The sudden affection had made Sirius blush, although he wasn't lying about what he had said. Sirius never planned to confess to Daisy today, and while he was over the moon that his feelings were reciprocated. He wanted to do this right with her, which was why the boy was so willing to wait. Sirius wasn't going to do to Daisy what he had done to the other girls in the past. 

And that he was sure of. 

***

Surprisingly, Daisy and Sirius had decided to keep their feelings for one another a secret. 

Daisy had been shocked when Sirius was the one to suggest keeping things quiet. Daisy had been thinking the same thing, but she had honestly thought that Sirius couldn't wait to tell the Marauders everything. However, Sirius's logic behind keeping things between them quiet made a lot of sense, and Daisy had never seen Sirius speak so rationally. 

"If we tell anyone, all that's going to do is cause unnecessary pressure for the both of us." The boy reasons, "Because, I don't know about you, but I know for a fact that Prongs would never shut up and getting me to ask you out," Sirius says. 

"So would Mary and Marlene," Daisy murmurs, her mind going back to the time when Felix McLaggen liked her back in their third year, and it was all the two girls had pestered her about for weeks, so she ended up asking him out- even though she didn't even want to!

"Exactly!" Sirius exclaimed, "And I told you we would do this right, Daisy. This is why I want to keep things quiet right now. I want to ask you out because the timing is right and we're ready, not because it would make Prongs shut up." He says, his words making Daisy laugh as she could imagine the situation perfectly. 

"I'm not upset," Daisy answers back, her tone letting Sirius know she wasn't lying. "I was just surprised that you're willing to keep things quiet. It's not every day where you keep a secret from Peter, James, and Remus- James especially," She says, making Sirius snort, "Like you keep secrets from Lily, Mary, and Marlene?" Sirius teases, "I've seen them find out stuff about me faster than I find them out!" He exclaims 

That was true. Daisy told those three girls everything, but it's also important to mention that Mary MacDonald and Marlene McKinnon are absolutely horrible at keeping secrets, which leads the two of them to be the source of gossip. Whenever Daisy told the two girls anything that wasn't super important, it wasn't long before the news was revealed to somebody else. 

Sirius's sentence had made Daisy burst out into laughter, mainly because Sirius didn't know how true his statement was, and something about Daisy's laughter had made Sirius burst into laughter as well. 

And at that moment, in the midst of the two teenagers dying of laughter, all was well.  

***

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter! And also I'm sorry to anyone who expected Daisy and Sirius to be together in this chapter. I have a specific scenario I want to happen when they get together, and I promise all the stalling will work out and make sense in a few chapters.