part 16; snivellus

LILY EVANS HAS ALWAYS BEEN a strong and independent woman

This is why, when Severus Snape- Lily's childhood best friend, had called her a mudblood as a result of his moment of anger, nobody was worried that Lily would be unable to defend herself, but Daisy also happened to know her twin sister better than that. 

Daisy knew, without even looking at Lily, that Snape's words hurt her more than she cared to admit. Because even though Snape and Lily had been growing apart- this year especially, Daisy also knew how important Lily was to her- he was her first-ever friend, and she cared for him deeply. 

So for him to call her a mudblood- something that he had never done before, well, it reached a new level of low. 

***

Before the prank

"Remus!" Daisy cries out, throwing herself onto the brown-haired boy, startling Remus slightly, considering they were both laying down on the grass, so he wasn't even sure how she had done so. 

"Yes, love?" Remus asks, looking down on the girl who had been clinging onto him in a child-like manner. 

"I'm bored," She huffs out, peering her head up to look over at James and Sirius- a small smile creeping on her lips slyly, watching as Sirius pounded his fist in victory as he'd finally landed a trick he had been working on the past week. 

After confessing to one another, Sirius and Daisy had agreed to keep things normal between them- they both meant what they said about keeping things quiet, which meant Daisy had to go back to being upset with Sirius. 

Which wasn't difficult for Daisy, especially once she remembered what the two had been fighting about, and she ended up staying upset with Sirius for well over a week. And even after the boy had apologized, Daisy insisted that until Sirius apologized to Regulus as well, she would remain upset with him. 

So Sirius apologized, and truth be told, while he disliked the idea of Daisy and his brother becoming friends, he also knew that someone like Daisy would be good for Regulus. 

"I'm bored too," Remus admits, bringing Daisy back to reality. The boy had shifted up slightly so that Daisy wouldn't be on top of him, but instead, she would be on his side with his arm around her. "But I don't think Padfoot and Prongs would let us leave," He says, looking at the two boys, and then searching for Peter- who had promised to meet up with him and Daisy after tutoring with Dorcas. 

Daisy sighs, snuggling deeper into Remus, continuing to watch James and Sirius zoom around on their broomsticks. "I just don't get why we have to watch, it's not like it's going to do anything." She says, making Remus snicker slightly, "Why? Gives you flashbacks to their lessons?" He teases, making Daisy roll her eyes.

Surprisingly, the redhead had kept her word from Christmas Holiday about James and Sirius teaching her Quidditch. However, the three had been busy since coming back to school- so the first time they had the chance to teach her wasn't until last Wednesday, and it was safe to say that it didn't go too well.