part 18; owls

DAISY EVANS WAS ABSOLUTELY AND UTTERLY terrified for the OWLS exams

Now it was no secret that Gryffindor was highly intelligent, while she would never be as smart as her sister or her best friend, she knew that she would pass with all O's and E's, but it didn't stop the girl from being nervous.

"I'm going to fail!" Daisy cried out, making Sirius chuckle. The two had been studying for well over two hours, and while Daisy knew every single answer to the questions he gave her- she still panicked. "You aren't going to fail, love," Sirius says, making Daisy blush slightly. "You're one of the smartest people I know." He continues.

Daisy sighs, "Not smarter than Lily," She mumbles, making Sirius immediately raise an eyebrow.

Despite being twins, Daisy and Lily has never been the competitive type. They both had things they were great at that the other wasn't. For one, Daisy would always be the more social of the two, she could hold a conversation with a stranger better than anyone. However, if it came down to creating a potion in a short period of time? Lily's your girl.

"You don't have to be," Sirius says, moving closer to the girl as he placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. "When James and I go home to mum and dad, you think I won't know he'll have the better grades?" He asks, "He will. But they'll still love us the same, and I know that there are things I can do better than James."

Daisy chuckles, "Like what?" She asks, "Well... I can successfully get an Evans to like me," Sirius teases, making Daisy roll her eyes and blush.

While the two were completely aware of the other feelings, they were doing a pretty good job of taking things slow. Daisy wasn't ready for a relationship, and if Sirius was being honest, he wasn't either.

Not to mention, the end of the year was coming up pretty soon, and everyone was all too busy with OWLS and the idea of summer coming up to be worried about relationships.

"Pads, Flower?" James's voice rang out in the hallways, the sounds of the bespectacled boy's footsteps making Daisy and Sirius straighten up. "Yeah, James!" Daisy exclaims, "We're in here!" She continues.

The messy-haired boy soon peeped his head inside the empty classroom Daisy and Sirius were studying in. "Hey guys," He grinned, making the two smile back in response. "Moony just wanted me to let you guys know our Transfiguration OWL is starting soon, best if you guys join us."

Daisy gulped nervously. She felt stupid for wanting to be better than Lily, especially because her sister was the most supportive person she knew, and Sirius's words put her at ease. No one was going to shame her for not being as smart as her sister, her parents would love her the same, and she knew her friends would as well.

In the midst of her worries, Daisy hadn't even noticed that Sirius had intertwined his hand with hers. The girl looked down, a smile appearing on her lips at the Gryffindor's sweet gesture.