part 3; back at hogwarts

DAISY HAD BEEN ANXIOUS

DAISY HAD BEEN ANXIOUS. Rapidly bouncing her leg and biting her lip, watching as Dumbledore spoke the same thing he said every year. 

They hadn't been back at Hogwarts for longer than twenty minutes, yet Sirius was nowhere to be found. Daisy had looked for him on the train, left her compartment that she sat in with Lily, Marlene and Mary- as usual, and went to the Marauders compartment instead. However, when she'd gone inside, the girl had only found Remus and Peter, smiling at the girl innocently- which made her know something was up. 

She didn't pester the two boys, she knew no matter how hard she'd try they wouldn't tell her anything, the Marauders had always been keen on keeping secrets, secrets. 

As Dumbledore spoke, Daisy and Remus began to engage in conversation, while the two chatted about their summers, the Great Hall doors had suddenly swung open, and all eyes landed on Sirius Black, who had just burst through the doors, making Daisy stifle a laugh and shake her head. 

'God damnit, Black, always a dramatic entrance with you,'

McGonagall appeared not long after Sirius's entrance and made her way to the teacher's table while Sirius headed to the Gryffindor table. Daisy hadn't noticed or at least pretended not to, and continued her conversation with Remus as Sirius slid in between James and Marlene, his eyes meeting Daisy's for a brief moment, sending a wink her way- before beginning to catch up excitedly with Marlene and James.

***

Sirius had been tapping his foot impatiently, waiting for McGonagall to finish telling him the same thing she told him every year. He loved the Professor, really. But he'd much rather be with his friends right now, let them know he's okaylet Daisy know he was okay, instead of talking about how he'd been disowned in detail. 

"Mr. Black?" McGonagall says, bringing Sirius out of his thoughts and back into their discussion. He shakes his head, "Yes? Er- sorry Professor, just tired, I didn't sleep much last night." He says that wasn't entirely a lie- Sirius had been so excited to return to the school that he'd spent most of the previous night tossing and turning in his bed. 

The Professor purses her lips, before continuing to speak, "Right- well, I was just asking if this summer was... better for you?"

Sirius knew what she was insinuating, he was asking if he'd gotten fucking abused.

He hadn't. Thank merlin. Instead, he'd been disowned.

The disowning happened not long after Sirius had arrived for the summer. The Blacks had been hosting their annual Pureblood event, and everyone from the Sacred 28, with the exception of the Weasley's- who were considered to be the laughing stock of the Wizarding World.

Everyone was at this event, including his cousins Bellatrix and Narcissa- alongside their husbands Rodolphous and Lucius. Andromeda- Sirius's favorite cousin, was not there though, as she'd married a muggle and been disowned as well, heh at least we have something in common.