part 22; it's not safe anymore

DAISY GLANCED BETWEEN THE HALLWAY, attempting to be as quiet as possible to avoid getting caught

She looked back at the folded note in her hand, opening up to look at it once more, 'Meet me in the Astronomy Tower, midnight- Regulus

Regulus and Daisy had hardly spoken since the school year began. It concerned Daisy, but nothing concerned her more than the sudden- and very noticeable difference in Regulus, or at least it was noticeable to her. 

Sure, the Slytherin had always been the closed-off type- but not like this, most definitely not like this. 

He refused to speak to Daisy, or even look in her direction. He hardly spoke to anyone and would dart out of class the moment they were dismissed. 

Daisy'd spoken to Sirius about it, hoping that Sirius could at least help her find out or understand what was happening to Regulus, although his words didn't really help. Sirius told her that Regulus ignoring her and being quiet wasn't intentional, that it was most likely a result of spending another summer with Walburga and Orion.

And while Sirius intended on making Daisy feel better, he did anything but, because Daisy didn't even want to imagine what Regulus went through during summer. 

So, when Daisy was approached by a Ravenclaw in Regulus's year and was given the note she'd just looked back at moments ago- she didn't hesitate to head straight to the Astronomy Tower. 

However, as Daisy walked, her thoughts were surrounded around Regulus- causing her not to notice that she'd bumped into a tall figure, two tall figures, actually. "Oops, sorry," Daisy murmured, not bothering to look up and discover who it was. Although the voice figured it out for her, "I'm wounded, Flower. You're just going to walk away?

Daisy turned around, rolling her eyes jokingly. "Sod off, James. I have somewhere to be." She said, making James smirk. "Off to snog Sirius again?" He said, making Daisy turn bright red.

"No- but seriously, where are you going?" Remus, who had been with James as well, asked- hoping that Daisy was staying safe. "I'm just going to the Astronomy Tower," Daisy answered quietly- hoping the two boys wouldn't press any further, as she preferred to keep her and Regulus's friendship on the quieter.

It wasn't that Daisy was ashamed of her friendship with Regulus, because she wasn't- not even in the slightest. It was more that she didn't know where he stood with it, and more specifically if he wanted the Marauders to know.

Remus furrowed his eyebrows, watching Daisy carefully. He knew there was something she wasn't telling, but he also decided that it was probably something she wanted to keep quiet- so he decided to leave it alone. 

Daisy suddenly squinted her eyes, pointing an accusing finger at the two boys' faces. "Wait a minute- why are you guys questioning me, you're out after hours too!"