part 4; remus lupin

DAISY LOVED REMUS LUPIN

DAISY LOVED REMUS LUPIN. She truly did, and it was no secret. The two shared a bond that no one around them could ever understand, the two just understood each other. They'd become best friends in their first year, helping each other out when they felt alone and scared to be in Hogwarts, and the two hadn't looked back since. 

And as much as Daisy loved Remus Lupin, she also wanted nothing more than for him to shut the fuck up right now. 

The two were finishing their Herbology homework together, they enjoyed each other's company when it came to things like these. Daisy learned that out of everyone, Remus was the best person to homework with. The girl learned- very quickly growing up, that Lily was too difficult to do homework with, Mary had the worst attention spam Daisy had ever seen, and Marlene- who was actually enjoyable to do homework with, preferred to do it alone, although sometimes she'd join Remus and Daisy.

The rest of the Marauders were a hopeless case to study with. James and Sirius hardly stepped into Libraries willingly. Which made the fact that the two of them were always towards the top of their class ranks all the more surprising. Peter, unfortunately, suffered from severe test anxiety and would break out into a nervous wreck each time Remus and Daisy studied with him. 

However, the thing that had been annoying Daisy right now, was that Remus would not stop humming. Finally, she'd had enough, "Remus!" Daisy exclaims sharply, startling the poor boy, "What?" He asks in a panicked voice. Her face softens at his worry, suddenly feeling bad for being so harsh with him. "Er- sorry, it's just, can you stop humming, it's distracting me..." She says sheepishly.

Remus bites his lip, "Er- right, sorry." He apologies, "The full moons coming up, and it's getting harder for me to focus, humming usually helps." Daisy nods, understanding this couldn't be easy for him.

Daisy had been the first person to discover Remus is a werewolf. She'd figured it out early on in their second year, she always had a feeling about it back in their first- but it wasn't until their second year where she'd really had it all confirmed. She noticed how he'd always disappear each full moon, coming back with a new scar every once and a while, and well... it wasn't hard to put the pieces together after that. 

However, ever since then, Daisy had been helping him with the full moons. 

It wasn't in the same way the Marauders did, who'd actually become Anagagi this year in order to help Remus- which Daisy found incredibly sweet, and made her realize how much they truly cared for the boy. But she'd help him, she'd been helping him since their first year- even before knowing he was a werewolf. 

She'd heal his cuts, give him potions to ease the pain, make him sleep better. 

She'd also help the boys sometimes as well, just for those rare instances when they'd ended up with a scratch or a cut. 

However, the two's studying session was quickly bombarded by Sirius, who had a worried look on his face, "We've got a problem," He says, his words coming out in a breathless tone.