part 14; astronomy tower

GOING TO THE ASTRONOMY TOWER was something that had become a tradition for Daisy Evans

Over the course of her time at Hogwarts, Daisy had found comfort in the tower. She loved it, and she found it to be the perfect place to go to whenever she needed to be alone and have a breather. The girl would often sneak in after-hours using James' invisibility cloak (which took her years to convince James to let her borrow it.)

However, this time, when Daisy had arrived at the astronomy tower, she was surprised to find somebody was already there. 

Someone that happened to be Regulus Black, the newly profound heir of the Noble House of Black. 

Daisy had hardly ever spoken to the younger Black sibling. In fact, most of what she knew about him was from Sirius, which meant she didn't know much. Sirius had hardly spoken to or of his brother, especially after he had run away from Grimmuald Place. 

However, despite Daisy's lack of communication with Regulus. She had always felt bad for the boy. He had to suffer the same horrid home life as Sirius, except he didn't have a best friend who was so willing to let him live with him. Sirius did. 

When Daisy had seen Regulus, she quickly turned on her heel, heading towards the exit. She assumed that if Regulus had spotted her, he wouldn't be so happy with her disturbing his alone time. It wasn't a big deal, she figured she could always come back another day. 

"You can stay," Regulus says from behind her, his voice startling her slightly. The redhead couldn't help but compare his voice to Sirius's, and how different the two were. Regulus's was cold and empty, lacking the love and passion Sirus's had, yet they both managed to have that typically pure-blood posh accent. 

Daisy turns around, not bothered to hide her shock, "Er- really?" She asks. 

The Slytherin chuckles lightly, shifting his body slightly to make more space on the ledge he'd been sat on. "Yeah, it's not like I own the tower," Regulus jokes, making Daisy give him a small smile before taking a seat next to him. 

A silence forms between the two, allowing Daisy to observe the boy next to her. He was rather handsome, she couldn't deny that. But it was in a different way compared to his brother. His face was much more defined compared to Sirius, and his features were much sharper. Yet there were mainly features the two brothers shared, like their eyes and hair. 

Daisy didn't mind the silence between the two, it was rather comfortable in fact. Neither she nor Regulus felt the need to break it. However, there was one question Daisy had just been itching to ask, so she went ahead and did so. 

"So, why do you come up here?" She asks, "I'm assuming this isn't a one-time thing?" 

Regulus nods, "It's not," He answers back, "I like coming up here to be alone. I am alone most of the time, but this is the only chance I get to truly be myself. The life I live doesn't exactly give me the chance to do so."