❤️ Chapter 47❤️

Stuck with you - Ariana Grande ft. Justin Bieber

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I felt Kelvin's grip on my hand tighten as we stood before his dad. Kelvin's dad looked nothing like I expected. He was so tall that I felt so short just standing a few feet away from him. He had this huge, intimidating physique that made you feel inferior just at the sight of him. Just like Kelvin, he was dark skinned.

One of his features that struck me the most was his face. He was so handsome that I couldn't take my eyes off his face. Kelvin had a really hot dad, no doubt. Then I knew where Kelvin got his good looks.

"Dad" Kelvin breathed the word.

I noticed his dad's features soften as he looked at Kelvin. Then his gaze fell right on me.

"Who's she?"

I was distracted by his thick voice that I had to look around just to be sure if I was the 'she' he was referring to.

"I'm Susan." I said without thinking.

The look he gave me was enough for me to know that what I said didn't give any direct information about who I was. I slapped myself mentally and spoke again.

"I'm Kelvin's _ friend from school." I said carefully.

"Really?"

"Yes, dad." I heard Kelvin say.

"So you now bring strangers to the house?"

Oh boy

"She's not a stranger. She's_ my girlfriend." He said, spilling the last part hurriedly.

I shot him a look that screamed 'are you out of your freaking mind?!!!'. He nodded as if assuring me that he would handle the situation. I was about when I heard a loud eruption of laughter that made my insides twist. Kelvin's dad was actually laughing. I was certainly not expecting that.

"Your girlfriend, eh?" He then said.

"Yes"

"No!"

We spoke at the same time. Kelvin looked at me, more like glared at me.

"Yes. Susan is my girlfriend."

I heard a chuckle, then a low hiss. When I turned to see where it came from, I realised it was from the woman from before. I rolled my eyes and turned back to Kelvin's dad.

"Well... what can I say? Have fun." He said and walked past us, then up the staircase.

I stood there wondering if I heard properly. My mouth hung open as I found no words to push out of it. I was expecting an outburst of words just like a typical Nigerian parent would do but instead he laughed and said 'have fun' . That was the part that baffled me the most.

Have fun? Really? Just 'have fun'?

Then I thought ' this is one very confusing family'

I couldn't utter a word as I watched him go up the spiral staircase.

"What just happened?" I finally said.

"I don't know either." Kelvin said.

I turned to him only to see him looking just as baffled as I was.

"I guess that's it. I'm not in trouble."

"But that was a really crazy thing to do. Why did you say that?"