❤Chapter 38❤

This chapter is dedicated to Angelwriter16. Check out her book, titled Karen. I'm sure you'll love it. 😘😘

* * * * *

I finally made up my mind. I was going to tell Mide and Miyah about Ruby. I had given it a good thought. I felt that, since they were my most trusted friends, I could tell them. I was so sure that they wouldn't spill it to anybody.

Even though I was convinced that I trusted them not to snitch, my mind was unsettled. I knew that I was taking a very risky step, but I still decided to tell them on Monday morning, which is today.

Eniola and I got down from mom's car.

"Bye, girls." Mom said.

"Bye" we said together.

I took in deep breaths as I walked into the main compound. As I walked on, I heard my name. I turned to see_ what's her name again _ Bertha... Berger_ Bridget. Yeah, Bridget. She was one of Omotola's classmates and also the sanitary prefect. She stood with her hands akimbo and signaled to me to come over.

What does she want now?

I reluctantly went to her. I admired her burgundy braids which was tied up in a doughnut shape. The colour matched her skin perfectly.

"Good morning." I said, once I got to her.

"Why are you on colored braids? You know it's not allowed. You should be on either black or nothing." She said, ignoring my greetings.

I looked at her hair then back to her face. She was also on colored braids. I almost chuckled. I decided to keep calm.

"I actually used it for an event... I'll remove it later today."

"That's none of my business. And you're removing it right now."

"Excuse me?" I asked, not sure if I heard her correctly.

"Don't make me repeat myself. Start removing it now."

"I'm sorry, but that ain't happening."

"Stop forming fake accent and remove the braids."

I stopped for a second and accessed her properly.
Then i concluded that there were some very sick people in GHC.

"I'll remove it only if you remove yours. You're on coloured braids too." I said, folding my arms.

"Excuse you!"

"Last time I checked, you're a prefect. Aren't you supposed to be a role model or something?"

"Are you teaching me my work?" She said and I rolled my eyes.

"You obviously don't know what you're doing."

The next thing I heard was the sound of her palm connecting with my face. The sharp sting that followed made me wince in pain.

Did she just slap me?!

"What the fuck?!" I swore, touching the part of my face she slapped.

"Shut up! So you think because you're friends with Aj and head girl, you can talk to anybody anyhow. Who exactly do you think you are?"

Now I see what it was all about.

I glared hard at her, pushing back the tears already forming in my eyes. I won't give her the joy of seeing me cry.

"Now start removing the hair. Be fast with it."

"I'm not removing anything." I said, my voice trembling.