❤Chapter 19❤

The character above is Omotola, the head girl.

* * * * *

The days dragged by very slowly and Monday morning finally came. As early as six o' clock, we were already in school. Looks like I wasn't the only one excited about the seminar.

The large school bus was already parked in the compound, waiting to be loaded. I dragged my pink traveling bag to the bus with Mide walking beside me with hers.

Let me do a quick assessment of the students present. The SS2 students there were me, Mide, Kelvin, Adam, Eniola, two other girls from 2B and three others from C which was commercial class.

I only knew four out of the SS3 students. Peter, the head boy, Omotola, Aj, whom I later found out to be the social prefect and Rhoda, the health prefect. I also recognized one of the guys who threw me in the pool at Aj's party. The others who were probably prefects too were also present.

Omotola and Peter coordinated us as we entered the bus in a single line. I must say they did a really good job. I entered when it got to my turn and I went to the back and sat by the window, just what I needed. I placed my bag on the chair beside me and proceeded to connect my phone to my headset.

"Hey"

I looked up. It was Kelvin.

"Can i?" He said, pointing to the seat beside me.

"Sure"I said and removed my bag from the chair.

After some minutes, the bus was fully loaded. Though there were some extra seats left.

"Head boy, pray for us"The teacher with us said.

"Heavenly father, we thank you for...." He began.

As the unspiritual person that I was, I put on my headphones.

🎶No limit in the sky that I won't fly for ya
🎶 No amount of tears in my eyes that I won't cry for ya
🎶With every breath, that I take
🎶I want you to share that air with me....

I just closed my eyes as I listened to the music blaring from my headphones. I didn't notice when the prayer was over.

After about forty minutes into the journey, I opened my eyes. Almost everyone was busy tapping away on their phones. Someone was also playing music with a mp3 player but the volume was turned down.

Kelvin was reading one of James Hadley Chase's novels. He seemed to really like chase's novels. I've seen different ones with him a couple of times.

I don't know what got into me when I suddenly removed my headphones and spoke.

"You seem to love chase's novels"

He turned to me and gave me a puzzled look. It took about five seconds before he replied me.

"Why'd you say that?"

"I've seen a couple of em with you"

"Ohh..."

He paused before speaking again.

"My dad's library is packed with a lot of them. I just borrow them once in a while"

I made an 'o' sound.

He went back to reading his novel. I don't know why but I didn't want the conversation to stop. I thought of something to say but nothing came forth.

"Do you read chase's novels too?"he said suddenly, catching me off guard.

I looked at him abruptly.