❤Chapter 11❤

Double update to make up for the late updates 😉

Most times, beauty is found in the little things.

* * * * *
My weekend was boring as hell. I tried talking to Mide and Miyah but none of them were responding. If i told you that i understood what was going on, it'd be a very big lie.

Monday morning came again. Boring morning assembly, Mr benson, then combined English class. We were all seated, waiting for Mrs Johnson. The class was noisier than usual. Ss2B students were outright noisemakers, both the males and females.

They're all annoying. At least, the ones i tried talking to were annoying. The only people i relate with from there were Adam and Ruby. Ruby had become my permanent combined class partner. I like her because she's smart and she's ruby's namesake. Everyone at GHC was smart, but the smartness had levels.

"Good morning"Ruby greeted me as she took her seat beside me.

"Morning"i replied, rather dryly.

"Are you sick?.. you look..."

"I'm fine. I'm just stressed out"
The usual excuse.

"Are you sure?"

The look she gave me was enough for me to spill everything.

"No. I don't know what's wrong with my friends. They've been giving me cold shoulders since last week"

"Did you do anything to offend them? "

"None that i remember"

"Have you tried asking?"

"They won't even talk to me"

"This is serious oh"
Very serious.

I was about to speak when Mrs Johnson came in. She held a folder with her.

"Class greet"

"Good morning, ma"

We all settled down and she started teaching. She gave us a classwork on comprehension. The class was a bit noisy as the students worked. After a space of twenty minutes that seemed like two hours to me, i was done. I submitted my notebook at the front desk, just like we always did and went back to my seat. In no time, everyone was done.

We all watched with curiosity as Mrs Johnson opened the folder she came with. My eyes widened as i saw what was in it. Our test papers.

"Adeniyi Daniel"She called out.
The supposed Daniel walked up to her to collect his script. His face looked expressionless as he looked at his score.

This went on for a while till she called my name. I smiled at my score as i went back to my seat. She called other names and She was done in few minutes. Ruby scored 78% while David had 85%.

"You've all seen your scores now. Most of you did well and i commend you for your hard work. But for those of you who didn't, go and reflect on yourself and see where you got it wrong"

Miyah turned to look at me. She was sitting at the seat in front of mine.

"What did you score?"

I thought she wasn't talking to me. Why is she smiling now..

"Last time i checked, you don't wanna talk to me"i said and rolled my eyes. She turned back.

She thought i'd fall for her smile. Ha!
Very funny.