❤Chapter 21❤

This chapter is dedicated to Teefabulous

* * * * *
It was quite dark outside already, I didn't realize it was that late. A handful of students were littered around, some talking in hushed tones and some laughing loudly.

"Susan!"

I turned to the direction that I heard my name. It was Christine. She was with some other students from their school. She waved and signaled for me to come over.

I debated in my head whether to go or not and finally decided to walk over to them.

"Hey"I said with a light smile as I got to them.

"Hi, Susan"
"Hey"

They greeted back casually.

"What about your friend...the low cut girl"

"Hannah?"

"Yeah."

"She's inside"

"Can you say that again?"a girl said.
She was one of those that won the spelling bee earlier.

"What?"I said, with a puzzled look.

"Just say something"

This is really awkward.

"Ookayy... What's your name?"I said.

"Awww... I like the way you talk. My name is Ayo"

"Yeah... Thanks.. Ayo"

She giggled and some of them hissed. I don't blame them.

"I.. have to go now"

What's with the sudden stuttering?!

"Okay. Later Susan"

I don't understand why I was intimidated by their presence. Everything about them was just elegant that I couldn't help but feel inferior and it angered me. I gave myself small pep talks in my head and made a mental note never to feel inferior with them again.

Who knew that my subconscious was a motivational speaker.

I smiled at my own thought but it disappeared when I saw kelvin. He was pacing up and down at a corner. He was whisper-shouting at someone on the phone. He cut the call and made to throw the phone at the wall but he paused halfway. He groaned and started punching the wall really hard. I'm sure his knuckles would never remain the same.

I walked towards him carefully.

"KP"I called softly.

He stopped and turned to me.

"What do you want?!"he said angrily and I flinched.

I don't think this is a good time, but me being myself, I continued. Bad idea, right?

"What's wrong? I saw you... hitting the wall"

He looked at his knuckles like he just realized it. His hands were bleeding.

"You're bleeding"I said, taking his hands.

He took his hands back forcefully.

"Just leave me alone!"he said, raising his voice.

"I just want to..."

"Don't do anything, Susan. Just go"

"But..."

"I said leave me alone! What's your damn problem? Why are you always around me? Why can't you just let me be. You're too clingy and I hate it! Were not even friends! Just stay away from me! Mind your fucking business and leave me alone!"