❤Chapter 7❤

The new cover and the picture above was made my phenomenon. This chapter is dedicated to you 😘mwah!!

You should know you're beautiful just the way you are. You don't have to change a thing...-Alessia cara

                      *   *   *   *   *  
     The week flew by roughly with an unusually tense atmosphere, due to the fact that assessment tests we're coming up the following week. One could easily feel the tension and anxiety among the GHC students.

       Its another cool Saturday. I walked gaily through the school premises with my headphones on, nothing on you by Ed Sheeran blaring from it. I finally enrolled for the weekend classes after several attempts to convince my mom about how helpful it'd be. I was dressed casually in a flowery off-shoulder blouse and faded jeans and my medium length afro hair falling over my shoulders in a cascade of curls.

      Mehn! I love mah hair.😍😍

   I finally got to the classroom but it was empty except few bags lying around. They must be in the laboratory. I was not in the mood for any practical so I just made my way to the back seat. I got bored after a while. I laid my head on the desk, my headphones still on.

      You know that feeling when you forget about everything and just focus on the lyrics and soothing melody of a song that seems tot match your life events, that's how I felt. I was deep in my myriad of thoughts when I suddenly felt my headphones being pulled off.

       I raised my head to see the intruder who had invaded my space and disturbed my peace. My breath caught when I saw who it was.

       "A... Adam.."I stuttered.

       "What are you doing here?"I continued when I found my voice.

       "Ed Sheeran.. "He said, referring to the song bellowing from the headphones.

    I had a lot of Ed Sheeran's songs on my music list. His songs occupied more than a quarter of the songs on my phone. I somehow seem to be lost in the lyrics of his music anytime I listened. Ed Sheeran's music was just what I needed whenever I needed to forget about everything.

    "Looks like I'm not the only one who hates practicals"he said, dropping the headphones on the desk.

    "I don't hate practicals, just not feeling it today"I said

    Trust me to ruin good moments. I slapped myself mentally.

  "Okay. If you say so. Mind if I sit? "He said, gesturing to the remaining space on the chair I was sitting.

  "Yeah yeah. You can sit"I said, adjusting to make more room. My heart raced as his shoulders touched mine. I closed my eyes as I took in his appealing scent. I quickly opened my eyes before he noticed my reverie.

      "I like your hair"

      "Thank you"

  I'm sure he noticed the shade that appeared on my cheeks. I smiled stupidly and looked out the window.
An awkward silence ensued as we both fought in our heads about what to say.

        "I.. "

        "Would you... "

   We spoke at the same time. We both laughed at how clumsy we were.

     "So.. Tell me about yourself"I finally said.

    "Well..there's nothing much to know about me. I'm just a simple guy who tries to make the best out of everyday"