Chapter 15 - Yes!

"Dad?" I ask quietly. He's been silent for a while, standing in front of me with his hands balled into fists and a clenched jaw.

I just told him about everything that's been happening with Alden and his parents. I'm pretty sure my dad's livid considering Alden's like his third son.

"How long has this been going on?" He asks, his voice filled with anger.

"Ever since he came out," I mumble.

He takes another minute before he sighs.

"I'm not sure about what we could do but he's eighteen now right? He can move out, right?" He asks hopefully.

"Yeah. Yeah!" He is eighteen now.

"Well, what if he moves in with us. He already has his own room and he's over here all the time. He basically lives here already, why not make it official?"

"Yeah! I'll talk to him about it if that's ok?"

"Go ahead, kid."

"Thank you, dad." I give him a quick hug.

I grab my phone to call Alden to tell him to get his ass over here when I get a text.

🤠Cute Dumbass🤠: the halloween party thing is tomorrow, aren't you excited?!

Me: Yep, I'm guessing you are

🤠Cute Dumbass🤠: i mean, yea! halloween's my favorite holiday, aside from christmas (do you celebrate christmas?)

Me: Yea, we do

🤠Cute Dumbass🤠: that's fun! well, i'll text you later, my mom's calling me, bye!

"Bye-bye," I mumble out loud.

I call Alden and tell him to get his ass over here and he groans but says he'll be here soon.

"As you should," I tell him and hang up.

About 10 minutes later I hear the door opening and someone coming up the stairs.

I know it's Lucifer because I've memorized his footsteps.

"Why the hell did you call me over, I'm not complaining, but why?" He comes over and sits on my bed with me.

"Well, there's something that me, and my dad, and the kids wanted to ask you. I get the honors to do so but we wanted to know."

"Ok..." He sounds hesitant.

"You've been my best friend for over half of our lives and I love you. I hate seeing you in pain and with things that have been happening I and my dad tried to come up with something to... help. We came up with something and you know how you already have a room here and how you're over here all the time?" I stop for a dramatic pause.

I look at him and his eyes are filled up with tears and his lips are parted in shock. I think he kinda gets what's going to happen next.

"So... we were wondering if you'd move in with us?"

The tears start falling down his cheeks and he slowly starts nodding.

"Yes!" He shouts.

"Yes?!" I ask because I can't believe he's actually saying yes.

"Yes!" He yells again.

I jump off my bed and use my socks to slide into the hallway and to the top of the stairs.

"Guys he said yes, he's moving in!" I yell down the stairs.

I grab Alden and we nearly fall down the stairs.

We pull my dad and the kids into a group hug and we cry together.