Chapter 22 - Deep Talks

I can't sleep. I quietly get out of Issac's arms and make my way upstairs without waking anyone up. I walk into the kitchen and see dad sitting with his head on the counter.

I go sit next to him and he smiles at me softly.

"Hey, Hermosa. What are you doing up?" He asks.

"Can't sleep." I shrug, "What about you?"

"Thinking." He shrugs too.

I sit next to him and lay my head on his shoulder, "I miss her." I say quietly.

"I know Hermosa, trust me I know." He starts stroking my hair. We sit there for a minute thinking about mom and how amazing she was.

"Hey Hermosa?" Dad sits up, "Yeah?" I respond.

"Tell me about him." He smiles at me, "I mean, I know some about him but tell me about him from you." I know what he means.

"Well, he's amazing to put it shortly." I start, "I can't express how much I enjoy his presence. He's funny, annoying, so nice, affectionate, handsome, and smart. Talking to him is like the feeling you get when listening to your favorite song. He genuinely makes me really happy. He puts up with my shit, hasn't left even though I've tried to push him away so many times, listens to me, and makes me feel really good about myself." Dad smiles and we sit in silence for a little while.

"Dad?" I say quietly, "Hm?" he hums.

"I think I love him." I look up at dad and he smiles softly, "I know love and I'm happy you've found someone that makes you feel the way your mom made me feel." 

"I love you, dad." 

***

"Wake up, babe," Issac says softly, playing with my hair. I shift slightly and open my eyes, "Morning, love."

Issac starts telling me about his dream and I slightly zone out. 

"Tyler! Ty! Help me! He's gonna hit me!" Alec screams, jumping over Molly and Jared. Orion chases after him with a pillow. 

"Can you shut the fuck up?" Zeke says, pulling Fleur closer to him. Alec stops for a second and puts his hands on his hips sassily, "No, and you kiss your girlfriend with that mouth?" Zeke scoffs and rolls over. Alec starts running again when Orion gets closer to him. 

"Let's go upstairs?" Issac suggests and I nod. We sneak out of the basement while everyone else argues.

"I'm gonna make breakfast, pancakes, or waffles?" Issac says pancakes and I start cooking.

Everyone comes to the kitchen and starts to eat. I hear a chorus of thank you's as everyone finishes. 

"Hey, Ty?" Issac interrupts Orions's rant about hot moms. "Yea?" I ask.

He sits for a second and then looks up, "Will you be my girlfriend?" 

I don't hesitate when I tell him, "Absolutely."