Chapter 12 - Babysitting

Ding. I ring the door bell.

So I got a call from Mrs. Matthew asking me to check on Issac every once in a while because he's babysitting his sister and three cousins and her and her husband had just left. Well, not even two hours later I got another call from Issac saying he needs help and he asked me if I could come over.

I'm good with kids and Issac asked me so of course I came over.

He's an annoying little shit but I think I've officially deemed him ok.

He opens the door and gives me a look  of such desperation it's not even funny. I can hear two kids laughing and a baby start crying inside.

"Man, what happened?" I ask stepping in.

"I- I don't know. One minute they were all sitting down and then they started running around me and I couldnt get them to stop and then the baby started trying to eat the toys and I need to make them food and I suck at cooking and help." He gives me a pleading look.

I sigh and start trying to take control of the situation.

First I start picking up the toys on the ground.

"Yo dude what are the kids' names and ages." I have 0 information on these kids.

"Um so the one running with Nico is Merrick, he's seven, the one holding the baby is Noa, she's fourteen, and the baby is Lane, he's ten months old." He finishes.

Merrick has dirty blond hair and is about up to my collarbone, he's wearing a green short sleeve shirt and faded jeans. Noa has almost white hair and is a couple inches shorter than me, she's wearing a band shirt and blue jeans with paint stains and combat boots.

"Any allergies?" I turn to him.

"Well, Mer has a peanut allergy and I think that's it." He lists off on his fingers.

"Alright kids, who's hungry?" All the kids look at me when I mention food.

I like these kids already.

"Me!" Nico and Mer shout and Noa nods.

"Ok, is there anything specifically you guys want?" I ask going over to Noa and taking the baby from her.

"Spaghetti and meatballs!" Nico shouts and Mer nods.

"Ok, now I'm gonna Ned you guys to finish picking up the toys for me and whoever does it fastest wins." When I finish they both start picking up.

"Do you have stuff for spaghetti and meatballs and is there any milk or formula for the baby?" I walk into the kitchen while Issac just follows me.

"Uh yes to both, I think." He sorta answers, sorta questions.

"I need you to take Lane and go sit down with him while I make his milk and the dinner, ok? And then I need you to feed him ok?" I look at him with my eyebrows raised.

"Yes, yes, I can do that." He takes Lane from me and slowly walk to the living room.

Weirdo.

I look in the fridge and pull out the breast milk and pull the meatballs out of the freezer. I heat the milk up and toast it on my arm. It's a good temperature so I give it to Isaac.

Once I make sure he's started feeding Lane I start on the water for the pasta and start the meat balls. Once the water's done boiling the meatballs are halfway done. I check on the kids and Issac everyone in a while while I finish the food.

(Idk y'all 😭)

"Food!" I yell and Nico, Mer, and Noa all walk into the dining room one by one, Issac coming in after.