Chapter 14 - Silence

(I cried writing this)

"Hey, sir." I greet Alden as he walks in.

"Hey." He greets softly.

I automatically frown at his tone, it's soft yet... sad? He also came in with his head down.

"You okay?" I ask him while sitting up.

"Yeah." He shrugs his shoulders while saying this.

He's usually a really enthusiastic person but today might just be a bad day.

"I'm going to ask this only once and I'll believe your answer so please answer me truthfully, are you actually okay right now?" I don't wanna pry but I also wanna make sure he's actually okay.

"Not really." He sighs.

"You want a hug?" I ask. He nods and I open my arms.

"Come here." I get into s more comfortable position while he walks over. He stops at the couch and lays on me, his head on my chest.

"You wanna talk about it?" I say softly.

"I will, right now I just wanna cry."

"Well when you're ready I'm here for you and I love you, okay?"

"I know and I love you too." We sit in silence for a little and he cries.

"I'm ready." He says.

"What happened?" I ask in the softest voice possible.

He looks up at me enough to get a good look at his face and I see a magenta type circle on his right cheek.

I get angry. I get really angry.

I take a deep breath and slowly look at him.

"Did he do it again?" He looks down ashamed and sighs.

"Yeah." He says his voice cracking again.

I pull him closer and he sobs.

So, Alden spends a lot of time here because his parents aren't accepting of him. They don't agree with him being gay. His dad especially hates this part of him.

He and his dad frequently get into arguments and they sometimes get physical.

"Would you mind telling me how it happened this time?" I ask him when he's not crying as hard.

"Well uh, he saw me hanging out with Miles at the mall and got mad. He caused a scene and dragged me home. When we got to the house he started yelling at me with his usual show many times do I have to tell you, you can't like guys. You can't love them.' I got mad and yelled back. I ended up saying something that caused him to lose it and he punched me." He finishes softly.

"I- He can't keep doing this. Being you isn't something that you can control."

"I know, Ty, I know. But he's my dad." He sounds so desperate.

I sigh, "Would you mind if I talked to my dad?"

He looks really conflicted until he finally mutters a small ok.

"But not right now, please. Please don't for a little bit ok? I just wanna have a little bit of fun. What do you say we invite everyone over and have some type of movie night? Or maybe a sleepover?" He sounds really hopeful.

"Ok."

I know he's still hurt and I know he's gonna be hurt for a while but if this will cheer him up, I'll do it.

***

***

"Hi, hey, hello." I greet everyone as they come in. They all decided to come in a group.

I look over everyone and see Issac in cookie monster pajamas, Ava in a pink satin set, Wyatt in sweats and a shirt, and Molly in a sports bra and pajama pants.

We all settle in my room and start deciding on a movie.

"I pick Tangled," Alden says.

"Ditto," I say.

"Eh, I was thinking possibly Megamind?" Issac questions.

"Princess and the frog," Molly suggests.

"Finding Nemo," Ava says.

We all look at Wyatt for the outcome.

"Drumroll please, Tangled." We get a couple of boos and a yay from Alden.

"How about we watch all of them?" Issac says.

"Hell yes." I point at him.

***

I wake up from my nap and see Finding Nemo still playing.

"Aw, you made me ink." The little pink octopus squid thing says.

I try and find my phone to check the time and when I do I see it's 3 am.

Ooh, spooky.

I try to move and realize a have three different humans laying on me.

Issac is on top of me with his arms wrapped around my waist, Molly on my left with her head in my neck, and Alden on my right grabbing my arm.

There's two missing.

I look to my left and see Wyatt and Ava cuddling.

Gimme a second to fangirl really quickly.

Alright, moment taken.

I'm tired so I'm going to bed.

I kiss all of my human's heads that I can reach and get comfy again. When o wake up I'm gonna have to talk to my dad about Alden's dad. I'm still really mad at the fucker but right now, it's sleepy time.

Goodnight.

Hi.