19

Lexi

I'm in pain. A lot of pain.

My eyes open and I look around the room, Margo sitting on a chair beside me. We're in a hospital, and I furrow my eyebrows.

I look down and I seem fine, just a little sore. I have a few scratches on me and I look around the room, my eyes landing on the button to ring the doctor. Once I press it, a nurse walks in.

"How are you feeling?" he asks, and I nod.

"I'm fine. My head hurts and so does my upper body," I explain, and he helps me sit up. Margo gets up and sits closer to me.

"What happened?" I ask, trying to recall the events of last night. All I know is I was out with the girls and Margo was driving. I don't see Isla so I'm curious as to what's going on.

"You passed out and hit your head pretty hard. You broke a rib in the fall and have a concussion," he explains, and I frown. I don't know why I passed out; I thought I felt fine.

"I didn't feel bad, though," I try to figure everything out.

The doctor enters the room and he and the nurse look at my eyes.

"Sometimes it just happens. There were no traces of anything in your system so it could have just been a freak accident. Your friend was worried about the fall so she brought you in," he explains, and I turn my attention to the door.

"I heard what happened and needed to check on you," Mrs. Styles says, walking into the room. I smile at her and she sits on the bed beside me.

"I phoned Judd. He said he'll be here soon," she tells me and I nod.

Margo introduces herself and we all talk for a while, the doctor finishing his examination. I'm allowed to go when I'm ready and Mrs. Styles stays and talks with us until Judd comes.

When I see him run pass the room, we are thrown into a fit of laughter and he rushes into the room.

"Fuck are you alright?" he asks, rushing the opposite side of the bed.

"I'll leave you to it," Mrs. Styles says, hugging Judd before leaving. Margo walks out with her and leaves Judd and I privacy.

"I passed out, I guess. I don't remember it," I explain to him. His hand grabs my cheek and he leans down, kissing my forehead.

"I didn't believe my mom when she said you were here. It freaked me out," he explains, my hand grabbing his.

"I'm all good. Promise," I tell him, moving carefully to get up.

"I have a broken rib and a concussion," I tell him, and he carefully grabs my back.

"I'll take care of you. Whatever you need," he states, my head lifting. I kiss him quickly before we make our way out of the hospital.

"Margo, do you need a ride?" Judd asks her, and she shakes her head.

"No I drove here. I'll let you two be. Text me if you need anything," she says, hugging me gently. We part and Judd helps me into his truck, my lips releasing a noise in pain.

"Are you okay?" he asks, my head nodding. He stands on the lift and buckles me in, kissing me before he closes the door. He gets into the other side and I lean over as carefully as I can, his body turning to face me.

"I love you," I tell him, his smile taking over his face. He leans down and kisses me, his lips continuing our kiss. He whispers the words back as we kiss and he moves back slightly, pressing a kiss to my forehead.

Judd starts to drive us back to campus and he asks where I want to stay. "I don't really care as long as I can lay down. Sitting up is killing me right now," I explain, a frown forming on his features.

"I wish I could take the pain away," he says, and I grab his hand. He takes me to my apartment and he helps me out, the two of us walking into the building together.

Margo and Isla are here and they ask how I'm feeling. We talk to them for a while, Judd joining into our conversation for a while.

"We should get you into bed. You need to lie down," he says, the girls agreeing. It's clear he's not meaning it in a sexual way, considering that will not be happening anytime soon. I can barely stand without it hurting.

Judd takes care of me throughout the week when he has time, football season coming to an end which makes it crunch time for nationals. The team they're playing is the first seed, while Judd's is the second. It's going to be such a close game and I told him I'll be there in the front row cheering him on.

It was followed quickly by 'you better be' and then we had a little fun after.

I start to feel better by the end of the week. Moving is easier and my head doesn't hurt too much anymore. It will make going to the game easier and I can't wait to watch the boys play.