10

Judd

"Where's your girl?" Joe asks, my body leaning against the counter in the house.

"She told me she'll be here soon," I explain, my hand holding my phone. I've been waiting for her to text me back, but she's been busy trying to help her friend with something. I chose not to ask questions.

"How are things going with you two?" Hank asks, cracking open a beer that foam immediately spills out of. He swears and I snort, taking a sip of my own drink.

"Everything's going well. I like her a lot," I say, not trying to really go overboard with talking about my relationship.

"She seems really nice. If she's taking into account your career, I don't think you can do any better," Joe tells me, my eyes rolling.

"Lexi and I are taking it slow, so chill on the whole thing," I say, and we change the subject. My phone hasn't buzzed yet and I feel myself getting anxious, so I take matters into my own hands and message her.

Judd: Just checkin in

I don't try to pry into getting any information she doesn't want to give out. Then I see the three dots bounce and I read her response.

Lexi: Isla had too much to drink this afternoon. We're getting her into bed now.

I smirk and just let her know I hope everything's alright.

A few guys ask to play pong and we go for it, turning the table to make it easier to play. Hank and I get on a team with a few guys, then we play against Joe and his buddies.

We keep playing until there's beer all over the table, my buzz starting. I begin laughing and saying stupid shit, enjoying myself as we play.

My feet walk over to the fridge to grab another beer, but a hand stops me from opening the door. As my eyes look up, I meet the doe eyes I've come to adore and a smile takes over my lips.

"Lexi," I smile, dragging out her name as I say it.

"Someone's feeling good, I see," she smiles, my arm hooking around her waist. My head leans down and she wraps her arms around my neck, my lips pressing to her ear.

"I'm happy you're here," I tell her, her laugh ringing in my ear as she holds onto me. I know her feet don't touch the ground as I hold her; they never do when I give her hugs.

"Now give me a drink, baby. Gotta celebrate your win," she grins at me, my arm letting her stand. I let her take a look in the fridge and she take a beer.

"Little lady's drinking beer," Joe says as she walks with me over to the table.

"What's wrong with that?" Lexi fires back, my eyes glancing between the two.

"Nothing; we love a lady who know how to drink beer," he calls, my eyebrows furrowing at him.

"Alright," Lexi calls, walking over to the fridge. She retrieves two beers and I watch in curiosity with what she's doing, then she hands him one.

"Shotgun with me," she tells him, his eyes blowing wide at her suggestion. I'm at awe and can barely form a sentence. I know right now, if she beats Joe in a fucking shotgun, she's never leaving me. That girl is mine forever.

Jesus, I should not drink this much.

"Bet," he tells her, and I watch Lexi use her thumb to punch a hole in the can. Joe doesn't move, considering he was reaching for his keys to pop a hole.

"What?" she grins, knowing she's already winning at this point. She reaches over and pops a hole in the can for him, his jaw clenching.

"Fuck, yeah," I laugh, Lexi smiling at me.

"You sure you want to do this?" Joe asks, and Lexi nods.

I count down and they go. Within two seconds, Lexi throws the can at Joe the second he finishes his own, beating him just barely. My arm wraps around her and I lift her up, cheering along with the people in the house. She just kicked Joe's ass and I've never been prouder.

"You're hot," I tell her, her hands grabbing my cheeks. She presses her lips to mine and runs her fingers through my hair.

"You're hot," she mumbles on my lips, smiling at me. I set her down and we go back, playing a few rounds of pong with our friends.

I don't go a second without having my hand on Lexi's back or around her waist, always making sure I'm touching her. The thought of not being by her side, especially at a party, makes me nervous. I just care a lot about her, and I want to make sure she's taken care of.

Lexi doesn't seem to mind, considering she's very much the same. Her arm is wrapped around me most of the night and at times, I feel her fingers loop into my belt loop to hold onto me. It's such a small thing, but it makes me feel good.