3

Judd

"She might be doing that stupid shit where she plays hard to get," my friend Joe tells me, my eyes rolling. Women frustrate me and I'm particularly frustrated with the redhead in front of me in class.

I did the stupidest fucking thing and passed her a note in class. A childish way to get her attention, but it made me smile enough.

"What do I do? Keep trying; falling into her little game?" I ask, and Hank shrugs. These two are going to prove to be no help.

"If you like her enough, maybe," Hank suggests, and I stand up.

"The point of taking her out is for me to determine if I like her or not," I state, and the two look up at me.

"Seems like you do if you are pissed off right now. Just keep asking, eventually she'll cave in," Joe tells me, and I sigh. I walk into the kitchen and lean against the counter, making a protein shake.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

I grab my phone out of my pocket and walk up the stairs, holding it to my ear.

"Hi Judd. How are you?" I hear my mom, my lips releasing a sigh.

"Why do women play hard to get? Did you do this?" I ask her, and she immediately starts laughing.

"My boy, you finally like a girl," she says, and I immediately regret it. She had nagged me since the end of my last relationship to start dating, then my dad told me not to worry so much.

When I was younger, Hadley had always been the one to ask them how they met. I had found it hilarious that my mom was drunk off her ass in his room, but my mom would yell at me for laughing. Then she'd say some shit like 'if I wasn't drunk that night and your father didn't find me, you wouldn't be alive'. I'd immediately get grossed out and stop talking.

"Just tell me what to do," I encourage her to stop going down the path she's going on.

"Well, if she's really interested in you, she'll cave at some point," she tells me, and I nod. Then I hear shuffling over the phone and then I hear my dad.

"If she puts you through a chase, do not go down that path. Girls suck," he tells me, and I hear my mom tell him to shut up. He laughs and I realize they're just trying to annoy me at this point.

"The two of you are no help," I say, hanging up the phone. My parents are best friends, and it's all fun and games until they start doing lovey dovey shit in front of other people.

Especially their children.

I begin to do some homework and find myself distracted, then I grab my phone. I start to look for her Instagram and I find it, my eyes blowing wide at her pictures.

Just when I thought I liked her, I realized I really fucking like her.

Her captions are funny, her pictures are damn near professional, and every picture of her body shows her curves in the hottest ways.

I follow her, hopefully initiating some move.

My hand sets my phone down and I go back to doing homework, but it buzzes shortly after. Once I flip it over, I see she followed me back. I smile and bite my lower lip, trying to figure out if I should DM her or not.

"Should I DM her?" I ask Hank once I walk into the living room, and both Joe and Hank say no simultaneously.

"Okay then," I say, walking back up to my room. I get more homework done and start contemplating my next move.

I don't say anything in class, and I try to ignore everything about her as she sits in front of me. But at one point, her body leans into her chair further. Then her head rolls back and her brown eyes lock on mine. I smile at her, her lips curving too.

And just like that she goes back to her previous position and does nothing else the rest of class.

I wasn't able to talk to her after class today because I had one of my teammates come up to me right after. My eyes watched her leave, however, and I saw the smile playing at her lips as I did so.

It goes on for a week or so before I get completely fed up with the fact that she keeps turning me down. I start ignoring her completely and I can tell she's picking up on it. I don't mind if she gets frustrated, because she did this to me first.