22

Judd

"I can't feel my legs," I groan, walking into the apartment. Lexi's on her feet and she walks towards me, my arm reaching out to her.

"What can I do for you?" she asks, and I walk with her into the living room.

"I just need to rest. It's the first week of camp and I'm busting my ass," I groan, sitting down. Lexi stands in front of me and I quickly grab the back of her legs, her squeal heard as she straddles my legs.

Now that we're graduated and moved into a new place, we're finally able to start our lives together. I had told her that I don't want anyone else, and she agreed with me. It makes me so happy that I have the one I want forever living with me and starting a new life with me.

Our lives.

"Do you want me to cook something?" she asks, rubbing her hands over my shoulders.

"I'm not all that hungry right now. Maybe just a sandwich and some salad," I suggest and she nods. She pecks my lips and gets off my lap, my hand grabbing my phone. I see a message from Hadley and I open it, telling me to call her.

"Judd, I have a question," she states once she answers the phone.

"What's up?" I ask, and she sighs.

"Can you come visit me soon? I, uh, am having a problem with something," she says, and I sit straight.

"Something or someone?" I ask lowly, and I see Lexi look at me.

"This guy... I, uh, well, he's been following me," she explains, and I'm on my feet in a second.

"I'll be there in thirty," I state and she thanks me.

"Is everything alright?" Lexi asks and I grab my keys. I explain briefly what's going on and she understands.

"She can stay here if she needs to," she tells me, and I nod. I give her a kiss goodbye and make my way to my old school, pulling up to her dorm building. My eyes glare at a few of the students around me, skeptical about the men around here. Hadley messages me her room number and she opens the door after I knock.

"Which one?" I ask, nodding my head in the direction of the boys in the lobby.

"Blue hoodie and the hat," she says, her eyes looking over. The boy is looking directly at us.

I walk over and he looks at me, as well as his friends. My hand grabs the neck of his shirt and I push against the wall.

"Back the fuck off," I grit at him, his eyes blowing wide. His friends try to help but I'm quickly pushing them off.

"You go anywhere near Hadley, you're fucking dead. You understand me?!" I yell, his head nodding. I shove him against the wall once more.

"As for all of you. You have me to deal with if you even lay one fucking finger on her," I warn, letting the boy go. They all start mumbling and walk away, my feet walking back to Hadley's room.

"You wanna come hang out with Lexi and I?" I ask, and she nods. I walk into her room and wait for her to pack a bag, my eyes taking in the very decorated room.

We get in the truck and I drive to the apartment building, Lexi rushing to hug Hadley. I don't mind how close they've gotten, simply because I care about them building a relationship now that I know Lexi and I are going to be together forever.

"Thank you for letting me stay. It's been a little rough around school with that boy. He's just been trying really hard to get with me and wouldn't listen," she explains, Lexi hugging her.

"We've got your back. Boys suck," she tells Hadley, making Hadley smile.

"And I'll beat all of them up for you," I say, Lexi shoving my shoulder. She gives me 'not the time' eyes and I smile, settling back on the couch. The two stay in the kitchen, making food while I massage out my legs on a roller.

We eat together and I take Hadley back at the end of the night.

"Thank you again," she tells me after I park, and I nod.

"I'm not going to let those fuckers hurt you. All I ask is just be careful and call me whenever you need," I remind her and she agrees. I give her a hug and let her go back to school.

"You're such a good big brother," Lexi smiles when I walk back into the apartment. She hugs me and I hold her tight.

"I just always need her safe. Just like you," I tell her, kissing her.

"You keep me so safe," she smiles against my lips, my lips continuing to kiss hers.

"I love you so much," I tell her, her arms wrapping around my neck.

"I love you more," she grins, my hands grabbing her waist. I lift her onto me and she smiles, my lips pressing against hers once more.

There is no describing what I'm feeling right now. I've never been happier.