2

Lexi

"Well, from talking to him a few times, I know that he's not one to date. In fact, I don't really think he sleeps around," my friend Margo tells me, and I nod.

The green eyes of Judd Styles followed me out the classroom for the first time since the semester started, and the only reason was because I was fed up with trying to see over his brick wall body.

"I think he's just really focused on football. I heard he got invited to the NFL combine," Isla tells me, my head nodding. I take a bite of my food and think about possibly talking to him again. I've seen him around before, and I'd be lying if I didn't think he was cute.

Scratch that, hot as fuck.

A lot of girls find him attractive and he's a nice guy, but I've heard he's just a very serious person. He doesn't take shit from anyone and I know if he gets angry, he will beat someone up.

It's a good thing I don't take shit from people either.

"Then I have a good conversation starter with him, I guess," I tell them, and they all smile.

Maybe I've broken the ice between us. I'd always seen him at parties, hanging out with his fellow teammates, but he never really expressed interest in doing anything but hang with the boys.

I guess Saturdays are for the boys is taken seriously in his head.

"What would you do if he asked you out?" Margo asks, my shoulders shrugging.

"I'm interjecting. Play hard to get," Isla quickly says, and I look at her.

"I hate that plan. It always backfires," I explain, but she quickly puts her hand on the table.

"I'm telling you. With how he looked at you in the hallway, he's interested. As long as you're 'hard to get', he will continue expressing interest. At least, if he continues to pursue, you know he's interested," she further explains.

I ponder the thought and I initially agree, figuring there is nothing to lose at this point. I've barely said a word to the guy; it's worth a shot.

Once I get home, I try to figure out what to do in every scenario if he asks me out. I'm putting way too much thought in this and I know I need to stand my ground each time I reject him.

God, I sound like an awful person.

I get to class and see him already in his seat, my body moving around his desk and sitting in front of him. My lip is taken between my teeth and I try to avoid any sort of conversation with him.

It fails when I feel something touch the back of my head. Without turning around, I reach up and feel a piece of paper, my fingers bringing it in front of me.

Lexiiii

My lips curve into a smile and I write his name the same way on the sheet of paper, flicking it behind me. What a childish conversation starter, but I love it.

My hood is tugged and I reach into it, pulling the sheet of paper back out.

I like your hair :)

I scrunch my face into an amused expression, but quickly cover it up so my professor doesn't see. I've always been self-conscience of my hair, simply because I'm a redhead. It makes me feel good that he likes it. My lips press together as I form a response, trying to make it as 'uninterested' as I can.

Thanks, grew it myself ;)

When I hear him snort at my response is when I feel my cheeks heat with a blush, my hands taking notes to distract myself.

Once class is over, I quickly get up and make my way to the door. My arm is grabbed once I'm in the hall and I turn around, Judd's bright green eyes looking into mine.

"Sorry, didn't mean to grab you like that but you bolted out of there," he says, and I nod.

"I, uh, have to go," I try to formulate something to say, distracted at his hand still holding my arm.

"Okay, but I was wondering if you wanted to do something this weekend?" he questions, and I bite my lip.

"We'll see," I grin, turning around. I take a few steps and take a glance behind my shoulder, a small smile playing at my lips. As soon as I do so, it seems Judd takes in my expression. Then a smirk covers his lips.

I underestimated just how quickly he's going to pick up on my façade.