𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

[ 𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑  𝐄 𝐈 𝐆 𝐇 𝐓 𝐄 𝐄 𝐍 ]

𝓯𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮 𝓼𝓷𝓸𝔀

WINNIE WOKE UP feeling like she was eleven years old again and waiting for her Hogwarts letter. This would be Sirius's first official Christmas with them and she was ecstatic. She and James had quickly taken Sirius in like a brother when they were younger, but now he really was family, in every way that mattered.

Not only that, but Winnie had started to reach the age where giving gifts was just as fun as receiving them, and she was particularly excited about these.

She quickly clamored out of bed and out of her room, crossing the hall to where James had lived across from her for the past 16 years. She opened his door and slid inside, careful not to wake Sirius in the room over. He had taken to the habit of sleeping with his door open and Winnie always feared waking him.

James was still fast asleep under the covers, sprawled out on his stomach and snowing quietly. She shut the door behind her and carefully pulled one of the pillows out from under him before quickly whipping it down on his head.

Immediately, he shot up with wide eyes and comically messed up hair. Winnie tossed the pillow at his head before falling back with laughter. James's eyes narrowed as he elbowed her sharply, grumbling.

A moment later, his eyes shot open and he spun around to face his amused twin.

"It's Christmas."

"No? Really?" She replied.

He just jumped up and whooped. "It's Christmas! Come one, let's get Sirius."

They woke up Sirius and their parents the same way Winnie had awoken James and soon the five of them were huddled around the base of the tree, each smiling eagerly at the presents in front of them.

Sirius had tried to refuse, insisting that them taking him in was a present enough, but Monty and Mia just laughed and said he was speaking nonsense.

They had given all three of the children more pajamas, various Quidditch and school kits, some decorations, and clothes. After opening them, the three of them piled onto the adults in a group hug, thanking them profusely.

"Okay, my gifts!" Winnie said, handing out small parcels.

For her parents, she gave her mother a locket and her father a pocket watch. Each was enchanted to display a montage of memories from when they first met to the current day. Technically, it had been a gift from James, Sirius, and Winnie together, but as the person who wrapped it, Winnie said she had the largest claim over them.

"Oh, I love it so much," Euphemia had exclaimed, bursting into tears, and pulling them each into a bone crushing hug. Fleamont had sniffled lightly, but tried to maintain his facade and refused to let them see him cry.

He quickly gave up and wrapped them all up in his arms, drying his eyes on their pajamas.

Next was Sirius. She passed him the largest parcel and watched him eagerly.

Sirius carefully pulled out the leather jacket with wide eyes. Both he and James, who had never seen it, eagerly took in the details. On the left cuff of the jacket, Sirius's name was stitched. On the right, the Canis Major constellation sat until Winnie showed him how to change it.

After pressing his wand to the stitching, the stars slowly rearranged themselves into cursive lettering reading 'Potter'.

"Winnie, I love it," he said, staring in awe, tracing his thumb over the P.