𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

[ 𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑   𝐒 𝐈 𝐗 𝐓 𝐄 𝐄 𝐍 ]

𝓶𝓾𝓰𝓰𝓵𝓮 𝓵𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓸𝓷

"MUM! DAD!" WINNIE and James yelled, dashing off the train and into their parent's arms. Fleamont Potter smiled and pressed kisses to the tops of their heads, pausing when he realized one was missing.

"Where's Sirius gone?" Fleamont asked, looking around.

He found Sirius awkwardly lurking a few feet away, watching the family reunite. He didn't want to get in the way and wasn't sure if he'd be welcomed warmly. After all, they were already gracious enough to let him live there.

His doubts were immediately washed away when Euphemia walked up to him and gathered him into a warm embrace.

"Oh Sirius, dear. How have you been? I hope you liked your birthday present. And, my, you need a haircut. You really should've let Winnie cut it." Sirius flushed red under her ministrations, but secretly loved it. The Potters were family, and Euphemia and Fleamont were more like his parents than Orion and Walburga ever were.

With that thought, he let his eyes scan the crowd and connect with Regulus. He was staring at him intently from next to Walburga Black, as stiff and proper as ever. Sirius turned away and returned his attention to Euphemia.

After they floo'ed home, Winnie ran to give the family house elf, Daisy, a hug and drop her stuff off in her room. She jumped onto her bed and sighed contently.

"It's good to be home."

///

Winnie loved her home, but she was starting to miss her friends and it was only one day in. Still, it was good to be back with her parents and she had a weekend at Lily's to look forward to.

Lily had invited Marlene and her to stay over for a weekend and, much to James's dismay, he was not invited. Winnie was mostly looking forward to seeing all of the Muggle contraptions and planting a dungbomb under Petunia's bed.

Winnie smiled at the thought and made her way to the living room.

"'Lo Win," Sirius greeted from besides James. "Wanna play Quidditch?"

At the word Quidditch, James's head shot up. "I'll grab our brooms!" Winnie laughed, racing after James, Sirius hot on her tails.

They zoomed around the yard, mostly just passing the quaffle between them and trying to out trick one another before they got tired and came in for dinner.

James sulked the entire day before Winnie left for Lily's, annoyed that he didn't "get an invite to my future wife's home."

Everytime he made a comment about it, Sirius and Winnie would race to be the first to slap him upside the head.

"Maybe that'll knock some sense into him," Winnie said as James rubbed his arm pitifully.

Finally, Winnie was packed and ready to go to Lily's. Her dad was waiting for her at the bottom of the stairs.

"Ready?" Winnie nodded eagerly, taking her dad's arm for side-along apparation. She scrunched her eyes closed as the familiar tugging and spinning feeling settled in her stomach.

"MUM! DAD!" Winnie heard a shrill voice scream. Her eyes shot open when she saw the wiry brunette in front of her. Her dad awkwardly scratched his hair.

"My bad, must've been the wrong house, huh?"

"Quickly! Before the Muggles come!" Winnie said, taking ahold of her father's arm once again.