𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

𝐏 𝐑 𝐎 𝐋 𝐎 𝐆 𝐔 𝐄

HARRY LOOKED IN awe at the photo he found in Wren's room. It was old, worn in some places and slightly torn in others. A crease down the center between his father and his twin, revealed years of being folded and lovingly kept in wallets and pockets alike.

He traced his fingers first over the faded face of his father. James's head was slightly tilted towards Lily, a wild laugh on his lips permanently captured by the camera.

"Come on, Love! It's a group photo, we can't be serious. We wouldn't want our kids to look back at it and think we were a bunch of grumpy worry-warts."

Next, his gaze wandered to the red-haired girl next to him: Lily Evans, his mother. Her mouth was open in a mix of shock and humor, perfectly mirroring the expression in her eyes.

"Kids?" Lily squeaked. Sure, they were in love, but to so outwardly joke about their future? Lily didn't know whether to freeze or laugh in joy at the prospect of raising a family with her love.

Harry smiled a bit, taking Ginny's hand in his and placing a kiss on her cheek.

"It's strange to see them all young," Harry commented.

Ginny nodded. "It really is," she agreed. "Look." Ginny pointed at Remus Lupin. 

Remus had his arm casually thrown over Wren's shoulders as he pressed a loving kiss into the side of her wild, chocolate hair.

The girl next to him had her eyes screwed shut in delighted laughter. While she leaned into his side, she had her arms casually resting on Sirius's shoulders. The latter was sitting in a chair in between the Potter twins, sharing a look with a lanky boy who appeared to be stifling a laugh. The brunette girl between Peter and Sirius was rolling her eyes.

Remus, who was still trying to maintain a facade of seriousness for the photo, looked over his shoulder at the love of his life laughing at something Sirius had said. She leaned forward in her laugh and braced her arms against the tops of Sirius's shoulders.

Remus couldn't help the wave of fondness that overcame him at the familiar sight, at the way Wren always laughed with her full body, how she'd always lean on one of them for support. Giving up on being serious, he wrapped an arm around the still laughing Potter and pressed a kiss to the side of her head.

Meanwhile, Sirius looked over Marlene and made a face at Peter, the only one left trying to be professional for the photo. Marlene had long since given up and was instead watching everything play out in fond annoyance (afterall, she was promised food after the photo. She didn't anticipate it'd take so bloody long to take).

"Smile!" Someone had yelled, followed by a flash.

"Hey!"

"I wasn't ready!"

"Wrennie, you elbowed me!"

"Oh shove off, Padfoot."

"Hey, look at this one Harry!" Hermione said from across the room. She held up another photo, this one in much better condition than the one in Harry's hands. After a moment's decision, Harry folded it across the center and shoved the group photo in his pocket.

Harry crossed the small room to Hermione and gently took the photo. It was the two Potters smiling brightly at the camera, they were very obviously at Platform 9 ¾'s. In the background was a slightly blurry Sirius who appeared to be running up to surprise them.

Harry felt a surge of gratitude towards his aunt for keeping so many photos, even if it took so long for him to finally get to see them. The photos, although still, brought him to the past, as if he was there with them.