𝐒𝐈𝐗

[ 𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑  𝐒 𝐈 𝐗 ]

𝓫𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓵𝓲𝓸𝓷 𝓸𝓾𝓽

THE FIRST GAME of the year was against Ravenclaw and the Potter twins were bundles of nerves.

Like every year before the first game, James and Elowen stressed and claimed that they were absolute failures and disgraces to the holy game of quidditch. Meanwhile, Sirius calmly watched in amusement, knowing that if anything, at least he would kick ass.

Peter and Remus tried to keep James occupied while Lily and Marlene did the same for Winnie.

Both pairs were failing considerably.

Winnie paced the girls dormitories, anxiously removing and reapplying her lipstick, redoing her braids, and chewing on the end of her wand. All thoughts of Remus and the boy's weird behavior a couple weeks ago was forgotten.

"Winnie," Lily said, "look at Marlene."

"I can't look at Marlene."

"Why not?"

"Because I'm too stressed to look at anything." Lily pinched the bridge of her nose in exasperation before going up to the stressed girl. She took her face in her hands and turned it to their blond friend sitting calmly on the bed, watching Winnie pace in amusement.

"You see that? That's Marlene. As in Gryffindor chaser Marlene. As in she's on your team. You know what Marlene isn't doing? Stressing."

"Is Marlene the captain? No. And now you've gone and ruined my lipstick and my hair, Lils." They both knew Lily hadn't even touched her hair or lips, but Lily let the girl take her makeup off and redo it all for what had to be the fifth time that hour.

"She gets like this every time," Marlene added. "I don't know why you keep trying."

"I keep hoping that maybe Remus's common sense would rub off on her."

///

In the boy's dorms, a similar scene played out between the marauders.

James paced their dorms and chewed his wand anxiously. It was a nervous habit both twins had, one no one knew who had developed first.

"You're going to chew right through your wand at this pace," Peter said, snacking on some crisps on his bed.

"Let him. Maybe it'll teach him a lesson," Sirius said.

"Oh shut up. I don't see how you're not nervous," James said.

"Because I have full faith in both of our capabilities. Winnie on the other hand, I'm not too sure about," Sirius joked.

Unfortunately, James didn't pick up on his tone and his head whipped around to face his friend.

"You're worried about Winnie? Oh man, I hadn't even thought about how she's feeling. She must be a wreck, her first time being captain and all." If at all possible, James looked even more stressed. "I have to go see her."

Remus, who had previously been tuning it all out by reading, abruptly stood up and blocked James's path.

"No can do," he said. "You know how you guys are. You'll just work each other up even more."

James knew it was true and continued to pace and chew. "I'm going to bring shame to our house. My father won't even be able to look at me. I'll make a fool of myself and everyone out there."

"I never look like a fool," Sirius supplied. James ignored him.

"If I lose this for us, Winnie'll hate me forever. And then I've gone and lost my dad, twin, and my house. All I'll have left is my mum and rubbish bins I'll be forced to hide in to escape my shame."

The three other boys just shared a look and sighed.

"The only thing disgraceful about you is your hair honestly."

///

Somehow, the twins made it through the day without spontaneously combusting and now stood in the Gryffindor locker rooms in uniform.

As the match neared, they found themselves calming down slightly. The nervousness fading into a slight prematch focus.

"Okay team," Winnie said, facing the others. "We're going to go out there and show those eagles what exactly it means to face lions." The team cheered in delight and moved to leave the room when they heard it.

From the stands, a low rumble erupted.

"Bring the lions out."

The team couldn't quite hear what they were saying, but they knew the game was about to start.

"Bring the, bring the lions out."

They all grabbed their brooms, donned their helmets.

"Bring the lions out. Bring the, bring the lions out."

They were louder now, the team was almost out of the dressing room.

"Bring the lions out. Bring the, bring the lions out."

Everyone smiled once they heard what they were chanting. Across from them, the Ravenclaws emerged.

"Bring the lions out. Bring the, bring the lions out."

Winnie stepped up to shake Everett's hand.

"Goodluck, Lioness," he said, gripping her hand tightly.

She gripped back harder. "You too, talons."

"Bring the lions out. Bring the, bring the lions out."

She stepped back next to her brother, near her friends, surrounded by her team.

"Hear the lions roar! Hear the, hear the lions roar!"

And as the roars of the Gryffindors rose in volume, Winnie and the team rose as well. 

_____

Once again, thank you for reading this far into my book! please remember to vote and comment if you like it, it makes my day. 

Anyways, if anyone wants to chat and complain about how utterly unfair JK treated Sirius, I'm always down. 

Stay groovy,

Peace out!