𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

[ 𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑  𝐓 𝐖 𝐄 𝐍 𝐓 𝐘  𝐎 𝐍 𝐄 ]

𝔀𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓻𝓶𝓼

"YOU DON'T KNOW where you're going," Peter hissed from behind Winnie. She could hear his footsteps falling heavily behind her and she was steps away from spinning around and telling him to walk quieter.

"Fine! Do you want to lead?" Winnie asked angrily.

"I've been saying I wanted to lead for ten minutes!"

"Well too bad, because I'm in the lead." Winnie continued to walk, muttering to herself in annoyance.

She and Peter wanted to get back at James and Sirius for some prank but had gotten caught mid-act instead, landing them in detention. Much to Winnie's delight, it was detention with Professor Binns.

Normally it wouldn't be so bad. All they'd have to do was organize some bookshelf or another, but today was a day they didn't want to miss.

Or, a day Winnie didn't want to miss.

It was a Hogsmeade day. She had plans to meet up with Everett and Peter was going to meet the guys. Winnie wondered how he was going to stay unnoticed while they were there. She had her cloak of invisibility, after all.

Once they turned a corner in the dark tunnel they walked through, they saw a ladder leading up a trap door.

"See! I told you I knew where I was going."

"It only took you half an hour and three wrong turns," Peter muttered. Winnie kicked his shoe.

"Good luck. Don't get caught and if you do get caught, don't get me in trouble." With that, Winnie gave him a salute, tossed the cloak on, and climbed out from the trapdoor.

She glanced around to ensure that no one noticed it open, and weaved between the bustling crowd, not sparing a backwards glance to see Peter—in rat form—sneak out.

After walking around aimlessly for a few minutes, she found her boyfriend walking with a few of his friends. Wordlessly, she slipped in behind him and whispered yelled in his ear.

"Boo!"

Everett jumped a foot in the air and spun around, wand raised. "Who's there?"

Winnie laughed from under the cloak and took his hand, leading him away from the throng of people and potential teachers.

"It's just me, Ev. I'm using the invisibility cloak," Winnie said, pulling it off her head, but leaving her lower half concealed.

"You have an invisibility cloak?" Everett asked, looking at the floating head in disbelief.

"What? You don't have one?" Winnie joked.

"Of course I don't — Why do you have an invisibility cloak? People would kill for those, you know."

"Technically it's my dad's but he gave it to me and James to share. Except James also shares it with Sirius and Remus and Peter so really I don't get to use it all that much."

"You're father just...gave you guys the cloak," he said, incredulity lacing his voice.

"Maybe give isn't the right word."

"Merlin's beard, Winnie."

"What?All James and I did was pull it out of the chest in dad's closet. It wasn't like we took it from some ministry head."

Everett looked at her with a look that all but said 'but you would.'

"Come on, I'm here, aren't I? Let's just forget about the cloak and have some fun," Winnie said, changing the topic, and taking her boyfriend's hand.