𝐓𝐄𝐍

[ 𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑  𝐓 𝐄 𝐍 ]

𝓽𝓻𝓲𝓬𝓴 𝓸𝓻 𝓽𝓻𝓾𝓽𝓱?

WINNIE DIDN'T LIKE LOSING.

The only issue is that none of the marauders liked losing either, which is why all the groups worked extra hard to accumulate points. It wasn't just about the galleons anymore. It was about victory.

And right now, Peter and Remus were in the lead.

Winnie angrily marched into the great hall, James hot on her heels.

"REMUS! PETER!" The two roared, storming up to the boys, their robes flying backwards as they walked. Both of their chocolate curls had been changed to a red that rivaled Lily's.

Remus and Peter couldn't stop the grins from growing on their faces. Peter's was the result of adding two new points to their lead, but Remus's was because of something else.

He was smiling because despite her red hair and angry demeanor, Elowen always made him smile.

"Winnie, James, I love the hair," Remus said cheekily, taking a bite of a bread roll. Peter snickered next to him.

"Merlin's balls!" Winnie exclaimed. "What did you do? Lily and Sirius spent an hour trying to get it back but it won't change."

"The red doesn't suit me, Peter, have mercy," James begged. "It brings out my eye bags and makes my luminous skin look dreadfully dull." Winnie and Remus rolled their eyes.

"What makes you so sure it was us?" Peter asked, still feigning innocence.

"Well who else would it be?" Winnie snarked back.

"It could've been sabotage," Remus reasoned, hiding his grin behind another bite of bread. "One of you could've dyed your own hair and the other's. You can't prank yourself so you'd get the point for the dye and the point for tricking them into thinking it was me."

The twins stared at each other for a moment, processing Remus's reasoning. Elowen concluded it was something James would do at the same time James had decided it was Winnie.

"You're going to pay for that!" James yelled.

"Not if you do first!" Winning roared back.

The two launched at each other, colliding onto the ground as they wrestled and fought. Remus did feel bad about tricking them, really. But he couldn't help but grin at the thought of what his and Peter's score count was going to be at come Halloween day.

"What do you think you two are doing?" Minerva McGonagall said, appearing behind the twins. Immediately they jumped apart.

"He started it," Winnie said, pointing at James.

"It was Winnie!" James protested. McGonagall just pinched the bridge of her nose in disappointment.

"Detention, both of you."

///

As the days passed by, the pranksters all took everything to whole new levels, so much so that no one in the school was safe.

In attempts to just get as many points as possible, dungbombs were thrown in hallways, robes were changed colors, and belongings were transfigured into various objects. If anyone happened to get caught in the crossfire, be it a teacher or student, they may find their potions book growing a tail or their shoes screaming with every step.

What shocked everyone the most, however, was Lily Evan's direct involvement in the seeming prank war. Unlike all the other years where they'd find her yelling insults at the boys, this year, she was the one yelling spells to make books fly away and turn hiccups into bubbles.