𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

[ 𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑  𝐄 𝐋 𝐄 𝐕 𝐄 𝐍 ]

𝓼𝓷𝓸𝔀𝓯𝓵𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓼

HALLOWEEN DAY HAD everyone in the castle on their toes.

Something big was being planned and they all knew it. Even the teachers had taken to wearing protective enchantments to deflect any potential smelly, gooey, or otherwise unpleasant substances.

The girls had taken a more direct approach for their grand finale and had gotten it over with at the start of the day. Taking inspiration from the girls dormitory stairs, every set of stairs at the school would turn into a slide the moment any male tried to use it.

The charm itself took days to not only find, but master. With Lily leading the way, the three spend hours in various sections of the library looking for the original spell used in the dormitories. After finding it, they then had to perfect it, which led to a few interesting mishaps, including the stairs transfiguring into a giant snake (which Marlene added still gave the result they wanted).

After they finally got it down, they spent the night charming every staircase and hiding from Filch who was on the lookout for any of the Gryffindors he knew would probably be up to no good.

Overall, it made for an excellent time saver for going down, but was an absolute headache for going up. Guys across the castle had to take turns levitating each other up the vast amounts of staircases.

It brought particular joy to the girls' faces when they saw Dumbledore had fallen victim to one of them, and even more so when instead of scolding them, he just shot them a wry wink and walked away.

Remus and Peter had chosen a more subtle, yet equally effective approach. They had snuck into the kitchens and with the help of the house elves, made an assortment of drinks that would do various things to any who drank it.

Winnie had fallen victim to a drink that made her skin turn pink, Lily's eyebrow hairs wouldn't stop growing, and Marlene had a terrible case of the sneezes, except each sneeze would turn her hair a different color. Sirius hadn't drunk any of it and left lunch unscathed, bujt James ended up with rapidly growing fingernails that ended up in him having to go to Madame Pomfrey's.

Winnie was particularly concerned as lunch passed and dinner neared, yet James and Sirius had failed to reveal their final prank.

"He's up to something, I can sense it," Lily declared as they approached the dining hall.

"Well, it won't matter. We've gotten a lead," Marlene boasted.

"I don't know," Winnie said. "I know those two like the backs of my hands. They aren't going down without a fight."

Lily and Marlene agreed, the three contemplating what the boys could have up their sleeves.

Remus and Peter joined them as they walked in.

"Hey Remmy!" Winnie greeted cheerfully.

"Hey Winnie," Remus replied, taking the seat next to her.

"Hi Peter," Peter said, mockingly next to them. Winnie just rolled her eyes and continued to look for James and Sirius. Ten minutes passed without any sight of them and Winnie was growing suspicious.

Finally, when the meal was nearly done, the two boys ran into the great room and stood in front of the professors' table. Winnie could see Professor McGonagall rolling her eyes fondly, her wand already in her hands and she prepared to undo whatever damage the boys did.

Sirius and James lifted their wands to the ceilings and yelled out a spell Winnie couldn't hear, resulting in a large BANG to reverberate around the hall.

For a moment, everything stood still. Winnie thought that they'd perhaps blown up the magical ceiling. Instead, the starry sky was slowly replaced by grey clouds, and quickly, the clouds began to release snow.

"Merlin's tits," Marlene breathed in awe.

"Woah," Winnie muttered in agreement. Lily scowled at the snow, knowing the two boys had won the war.

Remus, unlike the others, wasn't watching the snow fall from the ceiling, nor was he jumping to join the throng of kids playingin the snow. Instead, he was watching Winnie.

He saw the way the white flakes clung to her eyelashes and curls, how the cold stained her nose and cheeks pinks. Remus tugged his Gryffindor scarf out of his baga dn wordlessly wrapped it around Winnie's neck.

"Thank you, Rem," the girl said happily, leaning in and bumping their shoulders. "The snow is awfully magnificent, isn't it?"

"Yeah," he agreed, not once looking at the snow or the clouds. "It is."

_____ 

Here was just a really short filler chapter since I was having some writer's block trying to do this. 

On that note, while I was suffering a minor writer's block for this work, I recently started a fic about Regulus Black, so go check that one out! 

On a different note, since I don't want anyone from school accidentally stumbling upon this, it's not linked to my name, so you guys can just call me Mez/Mezzy (my oooold nickname on Wattpad from when my account was still MezzanoteSoldato).

Anyways, stay groovy ;)