𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

[ 𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑  𝐒 𝐄 𝐕 𝐄 𝐍 𝐓 𝐄 𝐄 𝐍 ]

𝓬𝓱𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓶𝓪𝓼 𝓮𝓿𝓮

Christmas Eve brought not only snow, but friends to the Potter Household. As soon as it hit 10 am, the fireplace was alight with their friends arriving. James, Winnie, and Sirius waited around in matching pajamas eagerly.

The first to arrive was Peter. He stumbled through clumsily, his arms filled with gifts and a bright smile on his face. Winnie had immediately jumped up to greet him, wrapping him in a hug pressing a kiss to his cheek before helping him bring his gifts over to the tree.

Marlene and Lily came in at the same time, knocking their heads together as they landed. "Blimey!" Marlene had yelled, rubbing her head looking at the pile of boxes on the floor before the two of them started to clean up. James saw Lily needed help and tried to help her, only to get slapped lightly on the arm and pushed away.

The last to arrive was Remus. He was the only one not to fall on the way out, smartly having packed his gifts in a bag so his arms were free to brace himself. He wore an obnoxiously bright reindeer sweater and a beanie Winnie had gifted him the year before. Winnie ran up to him and wrapped him in a tight hug when he came through.

"Finally! A boy with some brains in the house," she joked with a wink.

"Hey!" Peter, James, and Sirius protested. Winnie just stuck out her tongue and pulled Remus into the throng of people.

Once everyone was there and accounted for, they all tucked their gifts under a small separate tree their house elf had set aside for them and made their way upstairs to one of the open rooms they had.

They spent the better half of the day catching up with one another, everyone getting along well, and especially to the amusement of Winnie, that counted towards James and Lily as well.

Peter told them about how his sister had spent a good few months out in the Muggle world and always brought back some of the strangest things to annoy their parents. Remus told them about the Christmas decorations they put up in his village. Marlene and Lily told everyone about Winnie's fight over Sirius's gift, and Sirius and James pouted about being left out of all the action.

"You want action, I'll show you action," Winnie said, a glint in her eye. James's eyes widened, knowing what was about to come.

"You wouldn't."

"I would."

Before anyone knew what was happening, the twins were shoving one another down the stairs as they fought to be the first to make it outside. The others huddled around the window in curiosity when they saw Winnie run out.

Winnie bent down, scooped up a handful of snow, and chucked it at James. He immediately dropped down and returned the favor. Once everyone caught on to what was happening, they raced down to follow suit.

Of course, James, Sirius, and Peter teamed up, as did Marlene and Lily with Winnie. Remus contemplated where to go for a moment too long because Winnie grabbed his hand and pulled him onto her side.

Soon enough, the air was filled with flying snowballs and loud shrieks of laughter. Fleamont and Euphemia had heard the commotion at some point and stepped outside to see what was happening. Fleamont smiled wickedly and pointed his wand first at Winnie's side then at James's, replenishing both sides' snowball artillery. Euphemia just rolled her eyes at their antics and went inside to make warm drinks for once they were finished.

Eventually, after the inevitable win of Elowen Potter and her band of witches (and Remus), they all got cold and ran inside, leaving a pile of winter wear at the door.

Soon enough, the Potter Manor was bustling with energy and filled with the inviting scent of warm scones and Christmas chai. With the boys and girls all united once more, the large living room felt entirely too small. However, this was on none of their minds as they sat huddled around one another, sipping their warm beverages in front of the fireplace.

Marlene and Lily had claimed the loveseat closest to the fire, greedily soaking in the heat and drying their hair. James, Sirius, and Remus had secured the other large sofa, and Winnie and Peter huddled together on the soft carpet, wrapped in the warm blanket they stole from Lily.

Winnie and Peter were debating whether or not a particular Quidditch player was bound to be traded when James coughed loudly, drawing their attention. "Ahem. I believe that it is nearing the time of gift giving!"

"Yay!" Marlene cheered, lifting her drink in cheers.

Winnie jumped up and began to bring the many gifts over from the small tree, handing them out to everyone.

"How should we do this?" Lily asked once everyone had a good sized pile in front of them.

"Everyone open mine first!" With the exception of James and Sirius who would get theirs tomorrow, everyone began to unwrap their gifts. Peter got a Yule-themed chess set, Marlene got the boots she'd been eyeing at Hogsmeade, Lily got a beautiful journal, and Remus got his book, and to his surprise, something else as well.

Alongside the book, which he could tell was heavily loved and annotated, as was the nature of all books he was given from Winnie, was another small package. Inside contained a new wallet with the Gryffindor Crest on it and his name in cursive. Once he opened it, he smiled at the sight of a photo of him with Winnie and the boys their first year.

"Look at ickle Remmy," Winnie cooed over his shoulder. Remus laughed and swatted her hands away.

"Do you like it?" She asked eagerly. Remus nodded vigorously.

"It's amazing!"

Winnie smiled proudly. "I noticed yours was all torn and stuff when I tried to steal it," Remus raised an eyebrow at that but said nothing.

"Open yours later, okay?" Remus said. Winnie didn't question it, just nodded and moved on to the next gift.

It wasn't until after all the goodbyes had been said and they were all in their respective rooms, did Winnie remember the gift. She crawled out of bed and grabbed it, taking in the precise green wrapping.

Feeling like a kid again, Winnie shook it lightly before carefully opening it. As expected, there was a large hardcover book filled with Remus's messy sprawl, but like her, Remus had given her another gift.

The box was small and could fit in the palm of her hand. It was a dark washed wood with a little handle in the back. Before she lifted the lid, she gave the handle a few turns. When she opened it, a smile overtook her features as she took it in.

Upon lifting the lid, a light and sweet melody escaped the box, drifting pleasantly in the air. In the box, a small figurine on a broom rode in a small circle as the music played. After taking a closer look, she realized the figure resembled her. On the bottom of the lid, behind the figurine, were the engraved words "Merry Christmas, Wings."

Winnie laughed softly. He hadn't called her that in ages, but when she closed her eyes, she could envision 11-year-old Remus with wide eyes as she landed her broom after their second or third flying lesson, completely awe-struck. "Wings," he'd said. "It's like you have wings."

Winnie wound up the music again and set the box on her bedside before climbing back under the covers.

She dreamt of flying that night. 

______

So sorry for the late post! I've been swamped under finals week, but I'm finally done! I'm hoping to post again either tomorrow or the day after both on this work and on House of Black, and since I'm on break I can post more too.

Again, filler chapter or too, because once they get back to Hogwarts, that's when the drama happens hehe. 

Stay groovy, cheers ;)