𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

[ 𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑  𝐓 𝐇 𝐈 𝐑 𝐓 𝐄 𝐄 𝐍 ]

𝓭𝓪𝓷𝓬𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓺𝓾𝓮𝓮𝓷

THE DAY OF Sirius's birthday was a good one.

He woke to the boys (and somehow Winnie, who had snuck in) singing him happy birthday and was gifted his first present of the day: a box of chocolates from Remus and Peter.

"We remember you said your parents never let you or Regulus have sweets for you birthday when you were younger, so we figured you'd like to indulge in some morning chocolates," Peter said with a smile. Sirius took them with a thank you and began to indulge on the sweets, being only mildly annoyed when James and Winnie snagged some from the box when they thought he wasn't looking.

Once Winnie left and he got ready for the day, he realized he didn't finish a potions assignment and almost immediately, Remus slid him his own to copy.

Between classes, he even received an owl from the Potters with a card and a large box of gifts, both he decided to open later.

The rest of the day went by beautifully, almost suspiciously so.

"You guys are planning something," he said when he sat down at lunch.

"Why does everyone always assume someone's got something planned?" Peter asked.

"Because it's you guys! Of course you've got something planned."

"I don't know, bub," Winnie said, flicking his ear before sitting down next to Remus. "I don't think this lot is very capable of planning anything elaborate. Remus, sure. But my brother? Peter? Nah, you've got nothing to worry about."

"Hey!" Peter and James protested.

Sirius sent her a wry look before giving up and diverting his attention to his food. Whatever they had planned, there was nothing Sirius could do except wait for it to happen.

///

It happened at dinner.

Sirius had gotten there and talked to Marlene and Lily for a few minutes before he realized something was missing. Or rather, some people. Despite dinner having started 5 minutes ago and James and Remus being in his last class, they, along with Peter and Winnie were nowhere to be seen.

His question was quickly answered when a cloud of dust erupted at the front of the dining hall in front of the professor's table and the four of them emerged.

Remus, Peter, and James were dressed in short, tight, and golden dresses, matching bows in the hair, and Winnie had on a golden three-piece suit (which he would later learn was borrowed from Fleamont Potter—why he had it, Sirius would never know).

"Oh no," Sirius said, not sure whether he wanted to look away or watch.

"Are you ready Hogwarts?" Winnie yelled into her wand, amplifying her voice across the room. Confused—but loud and excited nonetheless—cheers went around the room and with another spell, the room fell dark.

Four spotlights, courtesy of a few members of the Quidditch team, landed on them and music began to fill the air.

Sirius had never regretted introducing them to the radio more.

"You can dance," Winnie sang horribly off key, pointing at Sirius.

"You can jive," James picked up as the four of them began to move their hips and arms in an over-exaggerated dance.

"Having the time of your life," all four sang together, surprisingly harmonized.

"Oh, see that girl," Remus sang, although much less enthusiastic as the others. Sirius wondered how much begging (or bribing) they had to go through to get him to agree.