𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘

[ 𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑  𝐓 𝐖 𝐄 𝐍 𝐓 𝐘 ]

𝓰𝓸𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓱𝓸𝓶𝓮

"OH!" FLEAMONT POTTER cried, throwing his arms around his three children. "I'll miss you all so much."

The three of them laughed into his embrace, but Winnie was secretly glad to have been between James and Sirius and hidden from view. If she got a little misty-eyed, that was for her to know, and her only.

Euphemia tutted behind her husband, hands on her hips. "Toughen up, old man." No one pointed out the way she sniffed and turned her head away slightly.

They broke away from the embrace and the boys said quick goodbyes before leaving to get on the train.

"I'll be with you guys in a moment," Winnie said, turning to her mom. She jumped forward and buried her head in her mothers neck. Euphemia was slightly shocked but wrapped her arms around her and pressed a kiss to the top of her head.

"What's wrong Win?"

"Nothing," she said, still not letting go. "I'm going to miss you."

Mia ran her fingers through her daughter's hair. "It'll be summer before you know it. You'll have a great year. Say hi to Minerva for me, would you? And for the love of Merlin, keep the boys in check."

Winnie nodded, finally breaking away. "I better get going."

Mia nodded. With one final goodbye, Winnie took off towards the train.

On the way to her normal compartment, she ran into Remus and Lily heading towards the prefect's carriage.

"Look at you two," Winnie cooed, leaning over and straightening Lily's silver pin. "All prefectey and posh." Lily rolled her eyes fondly and Remus reached up and let his fingers lightly graze his hair.

"You better get to your seat, young lady," Lily teased, pointing her finger at her friend. Lily elbowed the smiling Remus lightly, causing him to quickly put on a feux stern expression.

Winnie raised her hands, playing along. "All right, all right. I'm going."

She squeezed between the two before entering the compartment with her brother and their friends. She slid into the seat next to Peter and across from James and Sirius. Peter sent her a small smile and bumped their shoulders.

"Chess?"

Winnie nodded. "Chess."

She spent the rest of the ride alternating between playing chess with Peter, bickering with James, and drawing with Sirius (specifically trying to draw Sirius). The train ride was almost over when Winnie remembered she had forgotten to do something.

"Oh!" Winnie exclaimed, and began gathering her things.

"What?" Sirius asked.

"I completely forgot to find Everett. I told him I'd look for him on the ride back." Winnie had ducked below the table trying to grab a fallen pawn that she missed the look the three boys traded.

Winnie threw her now packed bag on her twin's lap.

"My Jamsie, my twinsie, the better half of my soul, won't you please take care of my bag."

James groaned but nodded and waved towards the door. "You're lucky I love you. Just go."

Winnie ducked down and pressed a quick kiss to his cheek before running off. She peaked into all the windows as she walked by, trying to catch a glimpse of her boyfriend.