𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

[ 𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑   𝐓 𝐖 𝐄 𝐋 𝐕 𝐄 ]

𝓱𝓸𝓰𝓼𝓶𝓮𝓪𝓭𝓮 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓼𝓬𝓱𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓼

One of Remus's favorite things about the Potter family was their ability to love, something they did wholeheartedly. He saw it in James and Winnie's fierce protection of each other, in the way they took Sirius in as their own, how their parents showered not only the twins, but also Sirius, Peter, and Remus himself in gifts when they visited for Christmas.

No one loved like the Potters.

Maybe that was why Remus felt an unfamiliar bitterness in his chest that Hogsmeade weekend.

He glared over his butterbeer at Winnie and Everette across the pub while James, Peter, and Sirius eagerly watched every interaction between the two.

The Potter's loved fully, and he wanted Winnie's heart.

"What do you think he said?" Peter asked, seeing Winnie toss her head back with a loud laugh.

"I bet it was lame," James said.

"So lame," Sirius agreed.

Remus just hummed.

"Look, look look," Peter said eagerly, turning to hit James's shoulder repeatedly. Everette had 'yawned' and stretched his arm around the back of Winnie's chair.

"Ew, why would he do that?" James teased. "I wouldn't touch Winnie with a 7 foot pole."

"And yet here we are, spying on her date," Remus said.

"Oooh," Sirius sang. "Is someone jealous?"

"Jealous? Why would Moony be jealous?" James asked.

"Exactly," Remus said bitterly. "Why would I be jealous? I just think it's a total violation of Winnie's privacy. She wouldn't do this to any of you!"

Peter snorted. "We all know she would. Especially if it was James."

"Especially if it was James with Lily," Sirius added. James just nodded in agreement, knowing his twin all too well.

"Well, I know Winnie wouldn't appreciate it anyways. I think we should leave." Before the others could say anything, Remus stood up and left The Three Broomsticks.

"I wonder what's got his knickers in a twist," Sirius muttered.

"It's close to a full moon, you know how he gets. Did Remus eat breakfast this morning? I think we should grab him some food to go then leave," James fretted, already thinking about which dish Remus would like more ("He likes rare meat during full moons, right Wormtail?"). "Besides, I'm not in the mood to get yelled at by Winnie."

Begrudgingly, the two other boys agreed and they all left the pub, leaving Winnie to her date.

///

Winnie chose not to eat dinner in the great hall and instead chose to feast in the kitchens with Lily and Marlene.

"Was he nice?" Lily asked, sipping her tea.

"Was he handsome?" Marlene asked.

"Yes and yes," Winnie replied with a laugh. "He's really charming."

"I'm surprised you went with him, honestly," Marlene said in response.

"Why?"

"I don't know. I never really pictured him to be your type, you know what I mean?"

Winnie just shrugged. "Well what did you picture to be my type?"

Lily and Marlene shared a glance before Lily spoke up. "I don't know. Maybe brunette, probably a Gryffindor."

"I like that he's a Ravenclaw, actually," Winnie said, reaching over to grab a piece of food off Marlene's plate. Marlene slapped her hand away with a glare.

"I suppose you'll be able to use him to get answers in class."

"Marlene!" Lily scolded.

Winnie laughed. "No, but he's rather intelligent. I'm not sure, but there's something about the fact he's not a Gryffindor that makes it fun. He's different. I surround myself with the same things every day, Ev is like a breath of fresh air."

"If you say so," Lily said. "What's James saying about this whole thing?"

"James can mind his own business. It was just a date, I'm not even sure if anything will become of it. Besides, considering the fact he was seated a few tables over and watching me like a hawk, if he had anything to object, he would've done it then."

The girls all laughed about James's strange antics, the conversation eventually shifting topics.

"So," Lily said. "What's the plan for Sirius's birthday?"

"Plan? There's no plan," Winnie replied. She shifted her gaze away from her two friends, trying to look anywhere but them.

Marlene raised a disbelieving eyebrow. "No plan, huh? You really expect us to believe that?"

"Yes?"

The two other girls laughed, each knowing that was very much a lie. To Winnie and James, Sirius was a brother and there was no way they wouldn't do something for his birthday.

"I can't tell you," she finally conceded after they prodded for a few more moments. "James and I are trying to keep it as hush hush as possible, okay? We can't let too many students find out by accident, or the teachers. You'll all get your invites the night before."

///

Two Nights Ago

It was completely dark out when Remus, James, Peter, and Winnie snuck out of their respective dorms, sneaking down to the Quidditch Pitch. They huddled under James's invisibility cloak, trying to be as quiet as possible.

When they finally made it, Peter lit a candle and the four of them spread out their parchments and huddled in a circle on the grass.

"We'll have to find a way to distract the teachers, especially Filch," Remus said, eyeing a map of the school.

"Peter and I bribed Peeves, so that should be taken care of," Winnie spoke up. James nodded in affirmation and checked something off his list.

"Okay," James read. "Guest list is next."

"Obviously we want something smaller or else this will never work," Peter said.

"Well there's us, Marlene, Lily, and what about the team?" said James.

Winnie nodded. "Okay so guest list, teachers...oh yeah! Food and drinks! Remus and I can get food from the house elves, Peter and James, you can use the cloak to sneak away with some FireWhiskey from Hogsmeade at some point."

"Perfect!"

As the moon rose and set, the four stayed there jotting down plans and brainstorming ideas to ensure their friend had the best birthday.

Never the morning person, Sirius didn't even notice when he woke up in an empty room. 

_____

Wow look at me, actually posting stuff. I'm proud of myself. My apologies, my writing is a bit lackluster in this fic, but I promise I actually know how to english better normally. 

Happy readings, stay groovy ;)

ps: mega thanks to drapple_37 and thecoolmuggle for all your comments ! I appreciate you guys <3