𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

[ 𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑   𝐄 𝐈 𝐆 𝐇 𝐓 ]

𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓯𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓯𝓸𝓸𝓭𝓼

"NO MINNIE, I'M telling you, Elowen was the worst child," James insisted, shoving a biscuit down his throat.

"Me?" Elowen raged, angrily sipping her tea. "You're the one who cried every ten seconds."

"You're the one who kicked in the womb, the crib, and literally any other time we were within a leg's reach of each other!"

Winnie kicked James's shin. "You can't even remember our time in Mum's womb, you insolent toerag!"

"I see you've been spending more time with Lily," he said, bitterly rubbing his shin.

Minerva McGonagall watched the twins in amusement. They'd bursted into her office half an hour ago, and didn't even say anything. Just sat down, poured themselves tea, served some biscuits, and immediately started talking about their day.

Of course, Minerva let them.

"As a good friend of your mother, I believe that both of you were heathens."

"Oi!"

"Hey!"

"Anyways," Winnie said pointedly. "I had a few ideas about some training for quidditch—"

"If you make me try to play blindfolded one more time I swear on Merlin's dirty socks that I'll—"

///

When the twins left an hour later, they had large smiles on their faces as they shoved and laughed their way back to the common room.

James, feeling lonely and bored, had sought his sister out that morning to have some 'twin time.'

Winnie, who was feeling homesick again, wanted to visit McGonagall and brought James with her. Not without teasing, of course. Winnie often got homesick and James often made fun of her for it.

"Minnie reminds me of Mum," James admitted.

"But more strict," Winnie agreed.

"It's all a part of her charm."

Winnie laughed as they stepped through the portrait hole but stopped when she saw Sirius.

He was pacing back and forth in front of the fireplace, his hair a mess, and his hands tightly clenching a piece of parchment. He looked distraught, and for a moment Winnie thought she saw tear stains.

Sirius looked up at the Potter twins and immediately some of his stress disappeared.

"My mother owled," he said. James and Elowen rushed towards their friend, knowing that nothing good would come out of a letter from Walburga Black.

"Oh, Sirius, what'd she say?" Winnie asked.

"I'm officially disowned. I figured as much since my leaving this summer wasn't on good terms in the slightest, but still. She said I was a disgrace to the Black family. I got burned off the portrait, told to never show my face again."

James looked heartbroken for his friend while Winnie looked furious.

"What a load of rubbish. A disgrace? She's the disgrace. I'll show her—"

Sirius managed a smile at the raging girl. "It's okay Win, I knew this was coming."

"To treat her own son? I'd never even imagine—Mum would be furious. I'm furious. Oh, that's it. I'm going to your place and talking sense into your mother."