𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

[  𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑  𝐓 𝐇 𝐑 𝐄 𝐄  ]

𝓬𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓪𝓲𝓷 

THE POTTER TWINS were arguing in potions again. It was why neither noticed when Professor McGonagall interrupted Slughorn's lesson and now stood at the door expectantly.

"Elowen! James!" Peter said, tugging on the backs of their robes.

Both turned around at the same time and yelled, "what?" Peter merely waved a hand at the two professors.

"Now that I have your attention, Miss Potter, if you'll please follow me." She quickly grabbed her bags and hurried out of her seat. Right when she left the door, her head popped back in, sticking her tongue out at James.

Back in Professor McGonagall's office, Elowen started to feel a bit anxious.

"Minnie, I promise whatever it is you think I've done, it was James. James and Sirius in fact."

Minerva raised an amused eyebrow. "Is that so? Well, you aren't in trouble for anything, but it's nice to know you have no reservations in throwing your brothers under the bus." Winnie just laughed.

"So I'm not in trouble then?"

"The opposite actually. Mister Wood is transferring to Durmstrang and he requests that you take over as team captain."

Elowen's mouth dropped open. Of everything she was expecting, that was so far down her list, it wasn't even on her list. She'd never thought that she would end up as a captain. After all, James and Sirius were on the team too. They were just as good as she was and on the team for just as long.

"Me? As in...me? Elowen Euphemia Potter, me?"

"Yes Miss Potter, you."

"Why not Jamie? Or Sirius?" She pushed.

"Would you like me to ask one of them ins—"

"Don't you dare!" Winnie gasped. Her confusion was immediately replaced with offense.

"Very well then. Remember that you're going to be hosting tryouts next week."

Elowen nodded and left the office, a soft smile on her lips.

///

James tugged on her hair once more from his seat next to her in the great hall. "Winnieeee," he dragged out. "What aren't you telling me?"

"Nothing James."

"Eloweeeen," Sirius whined from her other side. "What aren't you telling me?"

Elowen sighed and looked at Peter and Remus across from her, exasperation clear on her face. Initially, she loved being able to hold it over all their heads, but as the week went on, she realized how truly annoying Sirius and James were.

"I think I'm going to head to the library and work on my Transfiguration essay. Remus, Peter, you're more than welcome to come." She stood up and grabbed her bag, quickly escaping the Gryffindor table.

It wasn't until she made it around the corner did she realize one of them actually had taken her up on her offer.

Remus, with his long legs, wasn't having much of an issue catching up to her. Still, she slowed her pace to match with the brunette next to her.

"Hey Remmy, ready to get our essay on?"

Remus grinned. "You know it."

At the library, the two were able to work in comfortable companionship. They'd studied together enough times to have a silent system worked out.