Tonight || Veronica Sawyer

YES I AM SIMP FOR VERONICA SAWYER SUE ME

Warnings: None.

Summary: Y/n l/n is the daughter of a well-known, respected politician. At her family's New Year's party, she sneaks off to meet a girl her family would never even dream of her wanting.

_____________________

I run my hand down the tablecloth, staring boredly around the room. I look at the time. Twenty minutes to nine. I can't help but smile to myself. In a little under an hour, I can be out in the streets. Out with a girl who somehow manages to make my entire existence as a rich kid bearable. I stand up, babbling something to excuse me from the table.

I hurry to my room, shutting the door behind me. At least they chose to put me in a pretty comfortable outfit. Not like some of the other dresses they coerce me into wearing. I don't really need to change. I step into my closet, grabbing a coat. The blue wool reminds me of the very girl I'm running off to meet with tonight. When I walk back into the room, I see a girl who's in a similar situation to me waiting on my bed.

"Evening, Heather." She stands up.

"Sneaking off, y/n?" I flash her a smile.

"I've got a date." She scoffs. Heather Chandler and I have been friends for a while. Well... As close to friends as either of us are willing to admit. We're both seventeen. Both daughters of insanely rich, powerful people. Both in desperate need of someone else who understands even a bit of what we go through. It's been a few months since we've seen each other.

"Who's the lucky guy? Hunter?" I smile, falling backwards onto my bed as she sits at my vanity, rubbing a streak of lipstick on her lip. I giggle to myself.

"Definitely not him," I say happily. I push myself up, biting my lip. "It's actually not a guy at all, if you can believe that." She whirls around.

"You're joking." I give her a smile. "No. No!" She stands up, laughing. "Damn, y/n!" I laugh into my hand.

"What?" I ask innocently. She joins me on the bed, pushing my shoulder.

"All the guys in this country, and you choose a girl." I grin.

"She's better than any guy in this country." I pause. "Better at kissing, too." She shoves my shoulder again.

"Kissing? Who is this girl, anyways?" I shrug.

"My girlfriend." Her mouth opens.

"You have a secret girlfriend? What happened to the rule-loving y/n I knew from before?" I grin.

"She's gone." I toss my hair back, standing up. "Anyways, I have to be at the park on fifteenth street in twenty. Cover for me if they ask?" She rolls her eyes.

"Fine. But you owe me." I blow her a kiss.

"I'll keep that in mind, darling." I pick up my wool coat, slipping it on. At least with the cold weather, it won't be too hard hiding my identity. I grab the hat from my vanity, putting it on as I open the door to the balcony. "See you in a bit."

"Later, dork." I head out, closing the balcony door behind me. I climb over the railing, starting to scale down the side of the house. I reach the ground, pulling the jacket up to my nose, both for protection from the cold and unwanted attention. I start the walk down the street in a fast clip, not wanting anyone to notice me coming from the l/n residence.

I reach the entrance of the park where Veronica told me to meet her. It's all lit up and pretty for the holidays. I walk through the park, finding myself staring up at the fountain. It's not in use right now, but it still looks nice with all the snow and decorations.