Thank You || Regina George

Warnings: *Damian voice* Getting hit by a busssss.

Summary: We all know how Regina George got hit by a bus. What if someone prevented it from happening, instead?

________________________

Janis is brave, I'll give her that. Saying all that stuff about Regina and Cady takes some serious bravery. Speaking of the two... I notice Regina storm out of the gym, Cady following close behind. I look between them and the crowd, then decide to follow the former. Things could get ugly, and I want to make sure that doesn't happen.

"Regina, wait!" Cady calls out. I jog close behind, but not close enough for either of them to notice. I'll only interfere if I need to. Regina's scary when she's angry.

"You know what they say about you? They say you are a homeschooled jungle freak who's a less hot version of me," Regina snaps. I wince. Yikes. Here come the insults. She slams into the door, angrily storming down the steps. Cady follows.

Regina throws back a few insults, Cady trying to squeeze in apologies. I stand at the steps, trying to figure out how to defuse the situation without making any of it sound weird. Regina stares at me.

"What are you standing there for, y/n?" She demands. I blink.

"B... Uh... What?" I stutter. I'm not ready to throw myself into this yet. She groans in frustration.

"Are you on my side or not?" I open my mouth, then close it.

"Um." Come on, do something! She turns and heads into the road, Cady following.

"I never meant to hurt y-" My heart leaps into my throat as I realize they're standing in the road. The road. Sweet fuck!

"Guys!" I yell, hurrying to the sidewalk. "Get out of the road!"

"Y/n, shut up for a little bit!" Regina snaps, turning back to Cady. "So take your little apology and-" I break into a sprint.

"Get out of the road!" I scream. "I'm serious!" Before they even reply, I shove Cady behind me and slam into Regina, throwing them both aside.

"Y/n, you little-"

"Y/n!" They both scream. A yellow flash slams into me. I feel my body fly through the air. Weightless. In the time I'm not touching the ground, I process two things: I'm an idiot for doing that, and I just got hit by a fucking bus. The air leaves my lungs in one big breath as I collide with the concrete.

I think I passed out for a bit, because when I come to, two girls hover over me, their faces concerned and their hands grabbing at me, trying to wake me up. I groan softly.

"She's awake." The blonde turns to the redhead. "This is your fault!"

"My fault? You're the one who ran into the road! I was trying to apologize!" I close my eyes.

"Can you not do this now?" I say, annoyance creeping into my voice. My body feels like it's being split apart. A hot wave of pain shoots through my back. "Call a... Call an ambul..." I swallow hard, unable to think with the agony in my body. "I think... Some breaks..."

"I'm getting a teacher or something." Cady rushes off, leaving me and Regina alone. I think the bus driver probably went in, too. I stare up at the blonde through a blurry gaze. My vision sharpens, and I groan, holding my head.

"Why did you do that?" She demands. I close my eyes.

"Dunno."

"What the hell, y/n?" I close my eyes. I don't think I can move.