Together || Regina George

Requested by: Thropp_

Warnings: None.

Summary: Regina notices that her girlfriend, y/n, has been down recently. Now she's trying to figure out the reason why.

(This starts in Regina's POV just sayin)

(ALSO you said sad reader, but this is what I thought of, soooo I hope it's okay)

________________________

I walk into the school, heading towards y/n's locker before I even go to my own. I lean against the one beside it, waiting for my girlfriend to show up.

"Oh. Hi, Regina." I look over to y/n's voice, smiling.

"Hey, gorgeous." She gives me a small smile, shifting her backpack strap slightly as she inputs her code. "You didn't text me back earlier."

"Mm... Yeah. Yeah, okay," she says absently.

"Y/n." She focuses on the inside of her locker, despite it being next to empty. "... Y/n? Did you hear what-" She flinches.

"Yeah- Yes, I'm listening!" She says quickly. I frown.

"You okay?" She lets out a breath.

"I'm fine." She adjusts the mirror on the locker door. It's already perfectly aligned with the door. "I'm just... Perfect."

"Doesn't seem like it." She bites her lip.

"I'm okay, Regina," she says as she turns to me, her smile slightly forced.

"Are you sure?"

"Hundred percent. Really."

"... Did something happen?" She quickly kisses my cheek, gently rubbing it with her thumb.

"You worry too much about me. I'm fine." She shrugs off her backpack, hanging it up in her locker. "So, uh, wanna go somewhere after school?"

"Sure. If something's wrong, you can tell me."

"I'll meet you at your car, then," she says, completely evading my attempt to comfort her. She walks off, and I can't help but think she's trying hard to get away from me. I let out a sigh. All that stuff she was doing, it's so unlike her.

What's happening with her?

I head over to my locker, and immediately start at the very worst thing that could happen to a person, eliminating them as I go.

If she lost a loved one, she probably wouldn't be at school. Obviously not a break up, I'm sticking with her for a while. She has no pets to lose. Her grades are immaculate. Our friends adore her. So what could happen to turn her so...

I stare at my locker, trying to figure it out. I never want anything bad to happen to y/n. I hope she's okay.

••••
°°°

I rest my hands on the counter, staring at my reflection. It seems to scream at me. Pointing out my imperfections. Calling me a fake. Saying that I'm nothing if I don't have what I do right now.

Well, guess what, mirror self? I'll be a step closer to nothing, soon.

How could it not be my fault? They were so happy. It's obviously not my sister's fault. She's the perfect one out of us three. Not my brother, either. He just got roped into this mess, being born last.

So - logically - it's all my fault that my parents are splitting up.

I'm the oldest. I'm the one who's supposed to be there. Now I'm giving my siblings the opportunity to watch our family fall apart. They're not even in high school yet. I hold my head in my hands, taking a shaky breath.