Stressed Out || Heathers + Veronica

Yes hi this is a poly one because guess what I'm gay for all of them

Warnings: None.

Summary: As y/n comes home from class, her girlfriends can't help but notice how irritable she is.

(This starts in Veronica's POV just sayin)

______________________

I look up from my book to watch y/n as she walks into the room. I smile at her. She gives me a small smile after a bit, shrugging off her backpack. It lands with a heavy thump. I tilt my head.

"Are you okay?" I ask. She swings her binder onto the table.

"I've been better," she sighs, sitting down. She opens her binder.

"You sound tired," I note.

"I am." She rests her head on her hand. "Very." I nod in understanding, turning back to my book. School is stressful, after all.

"Hey, y/n!" I hear Mac's bubbly voice say. Y/n doesn't reply. "Hello...?"

"What?" Y/n asks, a little harsher than usual. Mac jumps a bit, her eyes widening. Y/n's expression softens slightly, and she gently takes her hand. "Sorry, Mac... I didn't mean to say it like that, I'm just a bit stressed."

"Oh. It's... Okay." Y/n turns back to her notes. I examine her for a bit as Mac joins me on the couch. "Is she okay?" She whispers in my ear. I frown a bit.

"I don't know." Chandler walks into the room.

"Hey, babe. I didn't know you..." Her voice trails off from the look on y/n's face. Y/n gives her a withering glare, as if she's trying to bore a hole into her head. Chandler blinks a few times. "You okay?" Y/n breathes out slowly.

"I'm fine," she says tightly. Chandler meets my eyes, hers masked with concern. Usually, they banter back and forth after classes are over. That's just how they interact. Y/n doesn't seem too keen on that today. The three of us watch her as she rubs the bridge of her nose. Even if she's having a bad day, she tries to keep it down for us, despite our encouragement to let it out. It must be really bad. I stand up, Chandler taking my place with her arm around Mac. I walk over to y/n.

"Hey."

"Hi," she says, flipping the page. I put my hands on her shoulders.

"You're so tense." She shrugs. I wrap my arms around her neck, burying my face in her hair. Her hand clenches her pencil tight as she stares down at a question. I tap the paper. "'X' equals two," I murmur in her ear. She sighs, then writes it down. The tip of the pencil breaks.

"Shit," she mutters. I brush the hair from her neck, gently kissing her nape to try to calm her down. She tilts her head slightly, giving me more spaces to kiss. I smile a bit, kissing the base of her neck. "You're distracting me, Veronica."

"I know," I hum, kissing down to her shoulder. "Need any more help?"

"No, I don't need any more help, Veronica," she snaps. "I know you're smart and shit, but I'm doing just fine on my own!" I draw back slightly.

"Are you okay?" I ask, rubbing her shoulders. "Do you need anything?"

"What I need is for you to leave me alone." She stands up, slamming her book shut. She turns to the others. "All of you. I need quiet, is that too much to ask?"

"Y/n...," I start. She practically growls at me.

"Don't start that on me right now!" She warns. She picks up her stuff, her voice rising. "I don't need any of this fucking bullshit! I'm fucking failing, and no one here seems able to give me a single damn second of peace!" Chandler and Mac fall silent. She gestures to them with a wide, sarcastic sweep of her arm. "And now you can. Fucking fantastic! Good for you two!" She breezes past Duke, who came in to check what the commotion was.