Satisfied || Heather Chandler / Veronica Sawyer

Requested by: MysticThugaboo

Warnings: Angst? Other than that, nothing.

Summary: Veronica falls for a girl at the masquerade ball her friends drag her to. Unbeknownst to her, one of the Heathers fell just as hard.

(IF YOU CAN'T TELL this is basically satisfied/helpless from Hamilton but with Veronica and Chandler as Eliza and Angelica w/ you basically as Alexander)

PS this starts Heather's POV and goes to Veronica's

___________________________

I watch in amusement as Veronica walks away from some guy. She leans on the wall beside me.

"Any luck?" I ask dryly. She sighs.

"Nope. He was an ass, too." She gives me a sideways glance. "I can't believe the only reason you brought me here was to get me a boyfriend." I smile.

"You need one." She rolls her eyes, pushing her mask up.

"And what's up with the masks? Is this the sixteenth century or something?" I laugh lightly, adjusting it so it sits on her face better.

"Mac thought it was cool, so we decided that this place would be where we find love for you." She scoffs.

"Horrible decision. How can I have a first impression on someone if half my face is covered?" She eyes the crowd. "Them, too." I shrug.

"Then get the person alone and take off your mask, they'll follow your lead. Come on, Veronica. I thought you were supposed to be smart." She shoves my shoulder.

"Shut up, Heather." I grin at her.

"I'm trying to help you out here." She sighs.

"Whatever." She pushes off the wall. "I'm gonna go find Mac." She walks off, leaving me alone. I examine my hand. While Duke, Mac, and I came here to get Veronica a boyfriend, it's become apparent that the three of us would get hit on here, too. And honestly, it's a little annoying.

"Hey." I glance to my side to find a girl in a deep blue dress beside me.

"Hi," I say back. She flattens out her dress, then smiles at me.

"Rough night?"

"... No...? Why are you asking me?" She shrugs.

"I dunno. I thought you were in a similar position. Maybe I was wrong." She pushes back her mask, exposing her face. I raise my eyebrows.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Guys are assholes, I'll leave it at that." She runs a hand through her hair. "You seem different than everyone else here."

"Is that a pick up line? Please. I've heard that five times tonight." I push off the wall. "And frankly, I'd rather not hear it again. Hope your night goes well."

"Wait- I didn't mean it like that, I swear!" I look back at her. Her eyes are wide in panic and her hands are out in surrender.

"You sure about that?" She nods.

"Completely." I lean on the wall again. She sighs in relief. "I really am sorry. I was just trying to be friendly."

"... Okay."

"I get being annoyed at flirting. I've been experiencing it the entire night."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Well... I understand why." I offer a hand. "My name is Heather Chandler."

"Y/n l/n." She shakes my hand.