Spray Paint || Veronica Sawyer

This is one of the oneshots i had typed up in my computer that's why i got this one done quicker than the others lmao

Requested by: peterparkerslilb

Warnings: JuVeNiLe DeLiNqUeNcY.

Summary: Veronica joins her friend, y/n, as she works on her art.

FYI this takes place in nyc because i love new york

_____________________

"Oh my God. We're gonna get in so much trouble for this." I grin at Veronica, leading her towards the back of the building.

"Only if we get caught," I quip. She crosses her arms. I smile. "Don't worry, Ronnie. I know all possible exits here. Besides, you wanted to come along. If you want, you can ditch."

"... Whatever."

"You need to watch my back, though." She sighs, leaning on the wall. I slip my bag off one shoulder, pulling out a can of baby blue spray paint. "Alright..." I study the wall like the blank canvas it is. I start to paint.

"Your family would kill you if they knew you were doing this." I hum in agreement.

"If they knew, yeah. But! They don't." I cap the can and pull out another, shaking it. "Can you put on my playlist?" She scoffs.

"No. I'm risking shit for this, I get to choose the music." I shake my head, grinning.

"Fair point. Put on something high-energy, though." I uncap the can in my hand, adding on to my work.

"So how often do you do this?" I glance over.

"Do what?" She gestures vaguely at me.

"This," she repeats. I shrug. She lets out a sigh, scrolling through her phone to pick a song. "You don't know?"

"Not really. I just... Paint." I step back, examining the stuff I've done so far. "It's a welcome reprieve from school and shit." She sits down, leaning back on her hands.

"You're lucky you have something like that. I'm stuck with writing." I laugh lightly, taking out another can of blue. I love this one. It's just so deep and amazing, like an endless ocean. "Blue." I look over at her.

"Huh?"

"It's all blue." I look back at the monochromatic painting, then nod.

"Yeah. Blue's been on my mind like, all the time recently." I look down at the can in my hand. "... Like you."

"What's like me?" I sputter.

"The blue. The blue's like you. You know, it being your colour and all." I resist the urge to smack my forehead. Real subtle, y/n! Fantastic job! Throw a brick at her face next time, why don't you? I hurriedly turn back to my work, hoping to hide the blush that appears the second I do. Damn you, y/n. You really are exhausting when your mouth works too fast for your brain.

"Are you blushing?" I jump as I hear her voice beside me, nowhere near where she was sitting. I turn to face her.

"No," I say calmly. She smiles.

"You're totally blushing." I glare at her, only earning a laugh. She sits back down. I spray a line, trying to keep painting. "I had no idea I had that much of an effect on you, darling." I clench my jaw.

"Drop it, that's not what I meant."

"What? It's-"

"I said drop it," I say, a little more annoyance creeping into my voice than I intended. She goes quiet for a bit.