Sick Day || Heather Chandler

Warnings: None.

Summary: Heather Chandler is concerned to find that y/n, her girlfriend, is home sick.

(This starts in Heather's POV just sayin)

______________________

I tap my foot on the floor, waiting for my girlfriend to show up. I didn't see her this morning, and I'm a bit concerned.

"Have you seen y/n recently?" I ask as Veronica and Duke sit down at the table.

"Aw, you miss her?" Duke teases.

"Shut up, Heather," I say automatically.

"Sorry, Heather," Duke mutters. "But no, I haven't seen her."

"Me neither. Maybe she slept in. Wouldn't be surprised," Veronica says. I sigh.

"Yeah. Maybe." I rest my chin on my hand. Y/n almost never misses school. So why wouldn't she be here today? McNamara sits down, and I stand up. "I think I'm gonna check on her."

"Hm? Who?" McNamara asks.

"Y/n. She never misses school." I promptly walk out of the school and drive home, heading up to my room. I dial her number.

"Hello...?" I hear her groan. I smile upon hearing her voice.

"Y/n?"

"Heather! Hi..." I frown at her slow pace.

"Are you drunk or something?" She laughs for a while. The hell?

"School day, darling. I don't drink on weekdays. You know me." She yawns. "You should be at school, shouldn't you?" By now, I know something is wrong with her.

"What's up with you?"

"I think I'm sick or something."

"... You think?"

"Yeah. I woke up and said I was sick to my mom and then fell asleep again." I sigh. Of course she's sick. She usually isn't one to skip school, unless she doesn't have an important lesson.

"I think you have a fever."

"A fever! That's it," she says happily. "I'm really hot, aren't I?" I laugh. It's like she's drunk or something. Adorable.

"I'm coming over, okay?"

"Now?"

"Give me a few minutes." I hang up, heading downstairs. I get into my car, driving over to her house. She doesn't come to open the door, so I let myself in, getting up the stairs to her room.

"Y/n...?" I knock on the door. "Y/n, it's Heather."

"Come in," I hear a miserable, tired voice say. I open the door. "Morning."

"Morning? It's one." Y/n groan, rolling over to face away from me.

"Same difference," she mutters. I sit beside her.

"Turn around."

"Hm... Fine..." She turns onto her other side, looking up at me with a hazy gaze. I press a hand to her flushed cheek, then withdraw.

"You're a little hotter than usual."

"Thanks, darling." I raise my eyebrows. "Yeah, I know. Probably a cold or something." I gently brush the hair from her face. "I think I'm dying...," she whines. I laugh softly, tucking her hair behind her ear.

"You're not dying, y/n."

"Mm, I dunno. Feels like it."

"You're not dying on my watch." She sighs, looking up at me through a haze of drowsiness.