Divorce

A record played softly in the background as I painted my nails when I heard my phone ring.

"Hello?" I answered not knowing who it could be.

"Hey Y/n!" I heard my best friend Michael on the other line.

"Hey Michael what's up?" I blew on my newly pink painted nails to dry faster before walking over to turn my record player off.

"What are you doing later tonight?" He asked.

"As of now I have no plans why?" It was a sunny Friday afternoon, a beautiful day out and I was home having nowhere to go.

"I was thinking we could watch a movie at yours or mine either one." He replied seeing as he lived next door, watching movies were common on Friday nights ever since we were little.

"Hey Y/n can you come down here for a moment flower?" It was my father calling for me downstairs.

"I'll be there in a minute daddy!" I said loud enough for my father to hear me.

"Yeah its a plan I'll call you back in a minute my dads calling me." I gave Michael an answer.

"Alright." Was the last thing I heard before hanging up. I got out of bed and headed downstairs.

Once downstairs I saw both my parents sitting at the kitchen table.

"Sit down." My mother was the first to speak.

"Flower you know how me and your mother haven't been seeing eye to eye for quite a while now?" Dad  asks.

"Yeah." I replied not liking where this was going at all. Sure they've been arguing an awful lot about the smallest things nonstop, but they were going to get over that phase soon right? Every couple argued at some point, no relationship was perfect.

"Well we've been thinking and it's not healthy, for us, neither for you dear." My mother continued.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked not really wanting to know.

"We're getting a divorce." My breathing got heavier as I couldn't believe the words that came from my mother.

"What!" I exclaimed my vision got blurry with tears.

"Your mother and I haven't been happy these last couple of years it's better for all of us." My dad tried to explain, this can't be happening right now. No it's all a nightmare and when I wake up my parents will still be happily in love.

But it wasn't, it was really happening my parents were getting a divorce.

"But- how, why?" I felt my salty tears run down my face.

"Don't cry flower we'll always love you, you'll always be our first priority but we can't continue to make each other unhappy forever." My dad took my hands in his.

"Why are you guys doing this to me?" With every second that went by the more tears ran down my face. My heart was completely broken, the two people I loved the most and I thought loved each other were separating. They were going their own ways leaving me in the middle of this mess.

"We're also going to move on and start seeing other people." My mother spoke up.

"Some of us were ahead on that part." My father scoffed which caused my eyebrows to knit together.

"What is he taking about?" I turned towards my mother.

"He means that I've been seeing someone for awhile now." She replied looking away.

"What!" I exclaimed even louder with anger running through me, this is all her fault!

"This is all your fault." I stood up from my chair abruptly.

"Calm down Y/n." She tried to get me to settle down.

"You have no right to tell me to calm down when all this is because of you, you went out of your way to break our family apart!" I yelled.

"Flower please calm down there's no use, we talked it through there's no use for us being together it's just better we moved on with our lives." Father tried to reason.

"Oh yeah so easy for you to say." I quickly left to my room not wanting to hear anymore of it. I got in and locked my door wanting to be alone, I laid on my bed and cried into my pillow.

This can't be happening, after crying for about half an hour my phone rang again. Wiping my tears away I reached over to my bedside table to pick up my pink phone.

"Hello." I tried my best to sound as if I haven't been crying my heart out.

"Hey what's wrong with my little doll, what's all that crying I hear coming from your room?" It was Michael, I looked over to my window which was across from his bedroom window and it was open. He must have heard me, I walked over to the window and saw him standing there, a worried expression on his face. I let out another sob I didn't know I was holding back.

"I'm coming over." He hung up and walked off making his way over. Putting my phone back I unlocked the door so Michael could come in then made my way to my bed again grabbing a hold of a stuffed animal. Then there was a knock on my door, it opened reviling my dad.

"How are you doing flower?" He held a sad expression with a mixture of sympathy on his face. I shrugged not wanting to answer as another sob escaped my chest.

"Oh flower come here." He sat on the edge of the bed and I immediately hugged him and his arms hugged me back making me cry even harder.

"I know flower I'm so sorry it has to be this way." My father cooed as he slowly rocked us side to side.

"I'll always be here for you, you can call me whenever you want for anything you need you're still my little girl." He kissed my forehead, I've always been a daddy's girl since birth you could say. He's my rock, my best friend.

"I-I don't want you to move o-out daddy." I hiccuped from how much I was crying.

"I know, I know it hurts a lot right now but it'll get better we'll figure everything out later you need to rest now." There was a knock on the door, we looked over and saw Michael standing at the doorway.

"Hey." He gave me a small smile once our eyes locked.

"I'll leave you kids alone." My dad got up and left the room. Once he was gone I pouted making grabby hands towards Michael wanting to be in someone's arms in my state of vulnerability.

"Aww baby." He cooed cradling me in his arms, he just held me and let me soak his shirt with my tears. After a while of more crying my head was pounding, as heartbroken as I was, I was done crying.

"Wanna tell me why you've been crying your little heart out now?" Michael asked once I've completely stopped crying.

"My parents are getting a divorce." I broke the news.

"Oh shit." He was shocked to hear the news.

"I knew they've been having problems but I didn't think it was that serious." He added.

"Hey fuckers!" We looked over to see our friend Tommy poking his head in through the window.

~•~•~•~•~

First chapter is finally out. 😆

Sorry in advance if I get things historically inaccurate, I'm not gonna be able to get everything right. This story does takes place in the 70s. I'm excited about this new story hopefully you are too and stick along for the ride. Happy new year, I'll update soon.

Thanks for reading. ❤️