Heartache

"Anywhere I just want to get away." The tears didn't stop as he sped out the parking lot.

~•~•~•~•~

Tommy had been driving until we came across a beautiful lake somewhere off the freeway. The sun was out but the tall trees gave us shade from it's rays. The crystal clear water reflected the sunlight that made its way through the leaves making it shine like diamonds. My head was hurting so I'd stopped crying for the pounding to go away, that didn't stop the aching in my heart. I was still in shock at how someone I love so much could hurt me so bad.

Tommy had been quiet, in his own thoughts as he drove letting me cry in my seat. We got out of the car and Tommy laid out his jacket on the green grass. He patted it so I'd sit down next to him.

"Thank you." I sat down taking the breathtaking view in front of me in.

"I know its a stupid question, but how are you feeling?" He asked turning his head to look at me with a sincere look. There was so much I felt hurt, saddened, betrayed, and used by the man I love most.

"Heart broken, like my heart has been ripped out of my chest, and it feels like I'm bleeding out causing me to go numb." I sighed looking out into the river and what laid on the other side. I was in pain but the pain became so much my mind was going into defense mode numbing me to keep me from feeling anymore of it.

"And I'm a mess my eyes are red and puffy, my head hurts." I complained while he listened silently, and I appreciated every second of him being here for me.

"Thank you Tommy, for always being there." I took his hand in mine.

"Of course I wouldn't want to be anywhere else." He brought my hand up to his lips to kiss softly. And once again like a waterfall I could feel tears forming in my eyes and run down my cheeks.

"Come here." Tommy opened his arms for me and I laid in them as a sob erupted from my chest.

"How could he." I cried harder at the mental image in my head of the two in bed together.

He did it.

He slept with another woman. Just like both of my parents had said. The memory of their voices popped in my head.

"What makes you think he won't hurt you, he's a rockstar, all they do is cheat and sleep around with anyone willing to open their legs. He'll use you and once he's done and bored with you he'll leave you for another."

"He's using you for his own pleasure that's what all those musicians do then once they're done, like your mother he'll leave you... and I don't want my little girl to end up heartbroken."

I even told my father that would not happen. Tommy didn't say anything as he let me cry in his chest until I couldn't cry anymore.

—————

Tommy and I eventually got up, having no clue what time it was we took a stroll by the river to get my mind off Keith and my sadness but that seemed to be impossible at the moment.

"Here lift your dress so it doesn't get wet." Tom lifted my dress for me as we walked in the cool, crystal clear water.

"Tommy your jeans." We had taken off our shoes and he had rolled his jeans up but he wanted to go in deeper now getting the bottom of his pants wet.

"They'll get dry in the sun." He shrugged.

"Look." I pointed out two swings hanging on a thick tree branch.

"Want me to push you?" He asked, nodding eagerly we got out the water onto the soft grass. I sat down on one and Tommy pushed me from behind.

"I was thinking, after do you want to go back into town and get something to eat maybe?" I was now swinging myself with my legs and Tommy got on the other swing.