i. protect him

(    I

(    I. PROTECT HIM    )

     "HOLY SHIT!" Amelie gazed up at the broken down house from Stiles' jeep. Isaac had only told her several things about this house. How Derek's family died in a fire that Allison's family caused, and Derek, along with his Uncle Peter, survived. Peter Hale was the one to bite Scott and give him his werewolf abilities. He tried to lure him to the evil side of the supernatural world, until Derek literally killed him and became the new alpha.

     That story was so liberating for Amelie. That type of stuff only happened in fictional books and movies, but she would have never expected for that to happen in real life, before her eyes nonetheless!

     Hurriedly, she closed the jeep's door rather harshly, to which resulted in Stiles yelling, "Hey! Roscoe is sensitive, okay?"

     She choked a laugh, "You named your car Roscoe?" She glanced at him, only to see him glare at her as he walked up to abandoned house. She followed him like a lost puppy.

     The house was a mess to say the least. Well, obviously, it was burned to ashes. She found Scott, who was in a tank, and the infamous Derek Hale sitting in a room next to the stairs. Derek was quite attractive, and that was an understatement. His green eyes complimented his olive skin and his beard defined his elevated cheek bone. His body was ripped as well, but Amelie tried not to stare too long.

     Wide eyed, she glanced around the room, only to spot her best friend. Oh, God. "Isaac!" She yelped, rushing to his side. Her fragile hands held his sweaty cheeks. His ash-blond hair was stuck to his forehead and he was dressed in a hospital gown. She frowned at the sickly sight of him.

     "Is he gonna be okay?" She asked shakily, tears burning her eyes as she looked back at them. Derek nodded slowly, "He's gonna be fine, yeah."

     Her hands trailed to Isaac's hand and gripped it tightly as she turned to the trio. Derek flashed his blood-red alpha eyes at Scott's blank arm, humming lowly. "Yeah, I see it. Two bands, right?"

     "Yeah," Scott nodded, glimpsing at Stiles, who purses his lips tightly.

     Derek's eyes flashed back to their normal green hue, "What does it mean?" he asked.

     "I dunno," Scott shrugged, allowing his index and middle fingers to form a circle on the dust underneath him. "Just something I traced with my fingers."

     Amelie's brows furrowed, staring at the two circles traced on the ground, then looking back at her friend helplessly lying on the table. Her heart ached for Isaac, a part of her always will. Ever since he knocked on her door two years ago, she had taken him under her wing. They had spent every moment possible together, and she couldn't possibly begin to imagine a world where she lived without him. It just wasn't a fair world, then.