lix. zombie cowboys

(   LIX

(   LIX. ZOMBIE COWBOYS   )

     DESPITE CLAIMING THAT SHE LIKED THE EMPTY APARTMENT, Amelie had never been happier to see Chris in the kitchen making breakfast. She had walked in, hair a mess, and a blanket over her shoulders, when she found him talking on the phone with Isaac. When he'd seen her, he nodded to her as a way to say 'good morning, sleepyhead' before gesturing to the scrambled eggs on the table waiting for her. She gave him a quick kiss on the cheek as a thanks before snatching the phone from him to talk to her best friend.

     "— Just don't tell Amelie, okay?" Isaac had sighed through the phone.

     "Don't tell Amelie what?" She quirked a brow, holding the phone to her ear as she grabbed a fork to dig into her breakfast.

     "Uh, nothing," Isaac's voice suddenly stiffened, "Good morning, Ams."

     "Mhmm, good morning," She rolled her eyes, glancing at Chris, who leaned on the kitchen counter amused, "What are you not gonna tell me?"

     "It's a surprise..."

     "You know I don't like surprises, Isaac."

     "Fine," She could feel him rolling his eyes, "I booked you two tickets to France after your school year as a birthday gift."

     "Isaac!" Amelie squealed, "You're the best best friend in the world, you know that right?"

     "Yeah, yeah, I know..."

     "But why two tickets?" She furrowed her brows.

     "Uh..." Isaac trailed off, "You know, I actually don't know..."

    "Did you have someone in mind or...?" She asked, placing her plate in the sink as she switched the phone to speaker.

     "I think I did," Isaac replied, "I just don't remember."

     "You don't— Wait," Amelie suddenly turned hopeful, "That means that there was someone called Stiles..."

     "What's a Stiles?" Isaac asked incredulously.

     "It's a person," She rolled her eyes, "You just don't remember because the Ghost Riders erased all our memories!"

     "The what?"

     "Zombie cowboys that erase people from reality," Amelie tried to summarize as best as she could. She thought she did a pretty good job. "Wait, what's the name under the second ticket?"

     "Uh, let me check..." Isaac grunted and they could hear him shuffle around, "That's weird."

     "What?"