lxv. invisible string

(   LXV

(   LXV. INVISIBLE STRING   )

"STILES, I CAN SEE YOU!"

The Anchor looked through the light, hope and desperation encouraging her to keep calling for him. The figure grew clearer and clearer, like he was getting closer and closer and all Amelie could do was just call out for him, make him hear her, pull him back into their reality.

But the light vanished. And there was no Stiles.

"Stiles?"

She turned to her friends, who were staring at her almost nervously. "It was working! You saw him, right?"

But her friends glanced at each other and shook their heads solemnly, "... We didn't see anyone, Ams."

"No, he was here, I know it," Amelie denied, turning back to where the rift had opened, "Stiles was here."

The conversation was interrupted abruptly as Liam suddenly appeared, a grave look on his face that worried them. "There's something you need to see."

"You're still here..." Scott noticed, almost shocked.

"But everyone else is gone. All of them— they're all gone," Liam shook his head, "Look, you have to come with me."

Scott was getting more worried, if that was even possible, "What is it?"

"I can't— I can't explain it," Liam stammered, "I have to show you."

"Uh... All right," Scott turned back to the girls, "You guys stay here. Just in case."

"In case Stiles comes back?" Malia asked.

"If there's any hope, you need to keep trying," Scott replied, turning to Amelie who just frowned.

But Amelie knew Stiles already came back. She saw him emerging through the light. He came back but he wasn't going to come to the bunker. With that, Amelie picked up her phone and keys.

Lydia grabbed her arm before she could step out, "What are you doing?"

"I'm gonna go find my boyfriend."

"Scott told us to stay in case he shows up here," Lydia said warningly.

Malia picked up her stuff, standing next to the Anchor, "Stiles isn't coming here. If he was, he would've, and he hasn't, so he's not," She agreed, turning to Amelie. "You still think it worked, right?"

Amelie nodded, "I know I saw him."

Malia shrugged, "And you're never wrong about these things."

"I wouldn't say never..."

"But right now?" Malia quirked a brow as Amelie sighed, "Right now, I'm not wrong. Stiles is out there. I can feel it."