xxxvi. power of tezcatlipoca

(   XXXVI

  (   XXXVI. POWER OF TEZCATLIPOCA   )

"YOU ARE NOT GOING TO MEXICO!"

"Dad, Scott and Kira have been kidnapped and taken to Mexico, okay?" Stiles exasperated to his father as they, alongside Amelie, stood in his office. "I think that's a pretty good reason for a trip to Mexico!"

"Okay. Even if Deaton is right about this—"

"Which he is—" Amelie interjected.

"—The best thing to do is to go through the proper channels."

"Dad!—"

"—That means calling the right law enforcement agencies, border patrol, putting out an all-points," Noah said firmly and Stiles groaned annoyedly, "Dad, I can't just wait around for the wheels of bureaucracy to start spinning in five different government offices, okay? Someone needs to go down there right now, find them, and rescue them! I'm going."

"I can keep you from going."

"I'd find a way," Stiles shrugged, turning to Amelie who shrugged with a nod.

"I can throw you in a cell!"

"Pretty sure he'd still find a way," Amelie leaned into whisper into Noah's ear.

"Stiles, please," Stilinski sighed frustratedly, pinching his eyebrows. "Just give me a little more time to verify something slightly more concrete than a psychic vision by some guy with a third eye!"

Stiles shifted anxiously and Noah continued, "Look, I will call every law enforcement agency all the way down to South America if I have to. If nothing turns up, then I'll book two flights to Mexico. We'll both go. Okay?"

"Okay. Okay, great. Do I get a gun?"

"No," Stilinski scoffed before leaving them in his office. Amelie nudged the human boy, "I'll give you mine."

"You have a gun?"

"You think Chris would leave Isaac and I alone? Unprotected? Of course, I have a gun," Amelie retorted, "Doesn't mean I know how to use it, though."

Stiles eyed her uncomfortably making Amelie roll her eyes. "I know that look," She muttered. "The last time I threw up something, someone died, so now you're probably thinking—"

"Who?"

Amelie sighed deeply, as Stiles turned to stand in front of her, grabbing her hands, staring into her eyes comfortingly. "We'll make it in time, don't worry."

"What if we're too late?"

🥰

"Here, try that," Stiles threw Scott's shirt at Malia's face who shrugged, "Fabric softener." Groaning, he headed to the bathroom and opened Scott's laundry basket, picking out one of his dirty boxers making both Amelie and Malia grimace.