xl. promise me

(   XL

(   XL. PROMISE ME   )

     TO SAY THAT AMELIE GOT ANY SLEEP THAT NIGHT would be a complete and utter lie. After her call with Angela Simone, Stiles turned off the movie and lead Amelie to her room. They laid in her room in the dark. They could only see the subtle, gray outlines of each other's warm bodies, that they subconsciously gravitated towards.

     They weren't asleep— that much was clear. They just say there in the dark, trying to gather their thoughts. It was something they did often when things got tense. His rough fingertips traced shapes over her arm, goosebumps arising.

     "Ams?" Stiles' hoarse whispered into the dark.

     "Yeah?" She whispered back.

     "Can you promise me something?"

     Shifting uncomfortably, Amelie had a feeling she knew where this was going. "Yeah?"

     "Promise me you're not going to dig—

     "Stiles..."

     "No, I mean it," Stiles started. "Listen, you and I have been through so much. Void. Matthew. I don't want you to get hurt any more. Promise me... You won't dig for those drugs."

     "Stiles..."

     "You promised Angela, but we both know that doesn't mean shit, okay? So, promise me."

     God, she wanted to promise, but those anti-psychotics held so much. They could've prevented her father's death, but he fell too deep. He could've still been here. She wanted to stay, but she needed to know for sure if they ever worked. Building false hope was never going to satisfy her.

     It was still quiet between them, "But what if I don't want to..?"

     "Ams..."

     "I'm not going to look for them," She said quietly, "But if I ever find them... I can't make a promise I know I won't keep."

     "Then promise me we won't change," Stiles said quickly, "That it's always going to be us. We won't let anything, you know, tear us apart."

     "Nothing will ever tear us apart," She whispered, moving herself closer to him.

🥰

     The next morning consisted of a bunch of grumbling teenagers having a supernatural meeting. The whole pack ( plus Mason? ) stood behind the school buses when Stiles and Amelie hopped out of the blue Jeep and joined them. The brunette smiled at her friends, who had a permanent frown on their tired faces. Not a good night for everyone, then— she thought.