xliii. all of him

(   XLIII

(   XLIII. ALL OF HIM )

     LET'S BE CLEAR— LIAM IS HORRIBLE AT CALMING PEOPLE DOWN. Amelie hadn't known that before until she was put in a position where she had to watch it happen. Karly was having a downright panic attack, staring at herself with horror. She neared herself to the mirror, watching the amber eyes looking back at her.

     "Go to Scott's house," he put his hand on Karly's shoulder, glancing to her older sister. "I'll catch up with you."

     "What— Where are you going?" Amelie spluttered in confusion, her eyes narrowing at his hand's position.

     "I need to find Hayden," He sighed, "I'll meet you there as soon as I can."

     "Fine," She rolled her eyes, taking her sister's hand in one and calling Stiles with the other, "But be quick— Hey, where are you?"

     "Hey, I'm at the animal clinic," He replied, his voice shaking ever so slightly making her heart clench. "What's all that noise? Where are you?"

     "Uh, just meet me at Scott's okay?"

🥰

     In Scott's room, Karly sat on his bed, watching as the Alpha knocked on the bathroom door where Hayden was hiding. Liam was anxiously pacing around the room and Stiles stood behind Amelie, who was sitting on the desk chair, leaning his arms on the back of it. The room was thick with tension, everyone picking their nails or biting their lip— or maybe that was just Ams.

     "Hayden...? It's Scott. I know that you're scared, but we just... We want to help," Scott said aloud, placing his ears to the doors before turning to them. "I can hear her heart beating— she's really freaked out. What happened?"

     "She was okay when we got here," Liam shrugged. "I went to text you for two seconds and she locked herself in."

     "Why?" Amelie furrowed her brows.

     "I don't know."

     "She's definitely a Chimera?" Scott asked.

     "She said she heard a voice saying "Your condition improves." Liam deadpanned.

     "Okay, that's unsettling," Stiles muttered before turning to the girl on the bed, "And you? You guys said she screamed?"